Menu

One of our WTM friends, Colleen in SEVA, has recently been diagnosed with cancer

She has started a blog to keep everyone informed.

http://mybigdoorway.blogspot.com/

She is a friend of mine and many others on this board. I have had the chance to spend many Monday evenings sharing coffee with her and other homeschoolers. I know you would love getting to know her as well!

So, please take some time to meet her on her blog and send her your well-wishes and prayers.

She will probably check in every once in a while, but I would post as much as possible on her blog as her time will be very limited.

Thank you for letting us know, Dawn. Do you think she will check here for well-wishes as well? Or just on her blog?

She has started a blog to keep everyone informed.

http://mybigdoorway.blogspot.com/

She is a friend of mine and many others on this board. I have had the chance to spend many Monday evenings sharing coffee with her and other homeschoolers. I know you would love getting to know her as well!

So, please take some time to meet her on her blog and send her your well-wishes and prayers.

Thank you for sharing the news, Dawn. Colleen is in my prayers.

Yes, several of us from the Tidewater area meet at a local Barnes and Noble for coffee and homeschooling talk. Through this meeting, I also met daisychics (Cecilia), iquilt (Christina), Tess in the Burbs and others whose board names I do not know. I met VB Caroline because I was buying something from her locally. She lives right down the street from me, and she has become a wonderful friend. Tidewater VA is a great place in which to homeschool. :D

Oh no! I met her last year at the PHP conf. - I didn't know you and she were friends, Dawn, when I met you, too. She told me a bit about her family. I hope things go well for her over the next few months.

Yes, several of us from the Tidewater area meet at a local Barnes and Noble for coffee and homeschooling talk. Through this meeting, I also met daisychics (Cecilia), iquilt (Christina), Tess in the Burbs and others whose board names I do not know. I met VB Caroline because I was buying something from her locally. She lives right down the street from me, and she has become a wonderful friend. Tidewater VA is a great place in which to homeschool. :D

bumping again for Colleen

And I also met daisychics and iquilt at the conf., and had some fun pm's with VB Caroline! You're lucky to get to see them regularly! :D

Thank you. ((HUGS))

I posted a quick update last night. I don't have any news to share, but I did post some random thoughts about planning for the unexpected.

As parents (and especially homeschooling moms) we tend to not want to think about the "what ifs," but there are so many things I wish I already had in place before I was so completely tired all the time. Please take a minute to read through this, and think about what you can do in your own life NOW to make things easier THEN.

http://mybigdoorway.blogspot.com/2010/07/planning.html

Please continue to pray as you see fit, and thank you for the prayers and encouragement you have already sent my way.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Thank you. ((HUGS))

I posted a quick update last night. I don't have any news to share, but I did post some random thoughts about planning for the unexpected.

As parents (and especially homeschooling moms) we tend to not want to think about the "what ifs," but there are so many things I wish I already had in place before I was so completely tired all the time. Please take a minute to read through this, and think about what you can do in your own life NOW to make things easier THEN.

http://mybigdoorway.blogspot.com/2010/07/planning.html

Please continue to pray as you see fit, and thank you for the prayers and encouragement you have already sent my way.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Colleen, you're so sweet to take time to pass on lessons you're learning.

Take care of yourself~

How did I miss this before? Holding you in my thoughts and prayers. My baby sister (only 29) was diagnosed with breast cancer about a year ago. She did chemo, radiation and is now nearly ready for reconstruction. It was hard at times, but she was actually able to work through the whole thing (she's a nurse). :grouphug: