Menu

Don't Pick Your Nose While Driving

I don't know about other men, but I only hock loogie wads when I'm exercising (outdoors, heavily) or in the winter skiing.

The only men I know who hock loogies are athletes, so I always assumed it had to do with the intensity of the excercise (something about which I know very little :blushing:).

WHY do men need to spit so much in public? I have never ONCE in my entire 37 years spit in public. Ever. And I've never needed to, either. So it's not like we women suffer in silence with all this phlegm, while men feel free to let loose.

I tend to agree, but I've seen a few women do it. I don't know if it's a cultural thing. Anyway, definitely way more male spitting going on, and I can't imagine their salivary glands are so different from females'?! Men seem to need to scratch their groin area more often too.

Misplaced? Where on earth do they go?

...That does confirm my grandma's theory, though.

Things just move to uncomfortable places, that's all.

Anyway, I have to get going home. I'm sure I'll hock a big one on the ride. I'll think of this thread a laugh, and I promise it will be into the grass.

Maybe I should start a new thread, but I've always wondered:

WHY do men need to spit so much in public? I have never ONCE in my entire 37 years spit in public. Ever. And I've never needed to, either. So it's not like we women suffer in silence with all this phlegm, while men feel free to let loose.

Men do this constantly. What is UP with that????? I really want to know. If no one answers in this thread, I'm going to have to start a new one to find out why.

:iagree:

It's especially gross if they are tobacco chewers. That reminded me of something. My dad chewed tobacco when was a kid. On the way to church on Sunday, he opened the car window and spit out the window while driving. He had to get rid of it before church, right? Well, it flew all over the side of the car. It was disgusting.

Anyway, I have to get going home. I'm sure I'll hock a big one on the ride. I'll think of this thread a laugh, and I promise it will be into the grass.

On the bike or in the car? Because I have to just say I remember being in the car seated behind a father would do this out the window. It totally sucks for the passenger behind the driver in this sort of instance if the back window is open. I'll say no more because I have, until this point, blocked it from my memory and am currently planning a reblock.

:iagree:

It's especially gross if they are tobacco chewers. That reminded me of something. My dad chewed tobacco when was a kid. On the way to church on Sunday, he opened the car window and spit out the window while driving. He had to get rid of it before church, right? Well, it flew all over the side of the car. It was disgusting.

I once knew a tobacco chewer who spit into an empty pepsi can. Please don't ask me to recall how I discovered his spit receptacle (no, I didn't drink it, but it was gross).

I once knew a tobacco chewer who spit into an empty pepsi can. Please don't ask me to recall how I discovered his spit receptacle (no, I didn't drink it, but it was gross).

When dh was in the Marines, he had a friend that would spit into a Dr.Pepper bottle. Some poor soul didn't realize it and took a swig. He immediately ran out and vomited. It was the nastiest thing I had ever heard.

we all spit into the sink or toilet, or carry around something for that purpose.

No, actually. I've never spit into a sink or toilet or carried something for that purpose. I've never had extra phlegm, except twice when I was sick. But I was sick at home with fevers and stuff like that. Not just walking about town. Ever.

This is interesting. So, maybe there are people out there will an excess of phlegm. I never knew....