Menu

What should I do with my $10,437???

Okay I don't really actually HAVE that money, but I just opened up my "quitnet" stats for the first time in a while to take a peek at what they said:

Time Smoke-Free: 1987 days, 15 hours, 45 minutes and 22 seconds.

Cigarettes NOT smoked: 69568 (yes you read that right!! I WOULD HAVE SMOKED OVER SIXTY NINE THOUSAND CIGARETTES by now if I hadn't quit when I did!! Yuck!)

Lifetime Saved: 17 months, 21 days, 10 hours.

Money Saved: $10,437.00 (what did I spend it on? I have no clue! But it wasn't cigarettes). :)

Humph...I did it for giggles. I quit back in '97 (right before I got pregnant with my first!).

According tho that thing I only save 12 months....It has been 13 years since I quit and I saved less than 1 month per year?

Whats up with that monkey shine!! :P

HSLover,

lol I don't know, maybe it depends on how much you smoked??

dansamy,

Yeah, I was... I know, it was awful. I would go to bed at night and my chest would feel tight, like I couldn't even draw in a good, deep breath. Trying to fall asleep I'd start getting paranoid that I was going to get lung cancer and die and my kids weren't going to have a mom. I'm really SO glad I quit, it was the best thing I could have done for myself (and my kids). And better yet, my husband quit too, four months after I did. We both have over five years now. :)

Amylovesbud,

Why, spend them with my kids, of course! :)

To everyone else,

Thanks for your comments and your congrats! :)

Wow! Very good!!! Congratulations!

My dh used to smoke and drink. He quit both long before we met. But, he says that quitting smoking was MUCH harder and he still occasionally wants a cigarette. But, he never wants a drink.

Oh - and my mom did some calculations for my brothers when they were experimenting with cigarettes. I forget the actual numbers, but basically, they could save enough for a house within just a few short years. Unfortunately, only one of them quit.

I thought about putting the money in a jar or something as I didn't spend it. Can you imagine had I done that?

I know! Believe me, I'm imagining what it would be like right now if I had done that. That's a lot of money!! lol. Congrats on your accomplishment, too! :)

It's not about the money saved...it's about having one more day with someone you love. I lost my mom to lung cancer when she was 44.

Congratulations to ALL of you who have successfully quit!

May your children (and your grandchildren) be eternally grateful for the gift you have given them by quitting.