Menu

I have a huge brick of baker's chocolate to use- Ideas?

It is the size of a paver tile. No lie. My good friend shared *part* of hers with me. It was a prize, and it is very high quality chocolate.

I will have to break off pieces or shave off amounts to cook with. I guess I'll need to weigh it to get measurements. :001_huh: I rarely use baker's chocolate, but I'm aaaaalllll about trying something new.

I need some ideas.

Thanks.

Jo

Brownies (Baker's recipe. I've used this for years)

4 oz unsweetened chocolate

3/4 cup margarine or butter

2 cups sugar

3 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup flour

1 cup nuts (optional)

1. Heat oven to 350 (325 for glass dish)

2. Melt chocolate & butter in the microwave (High, 2 min) or over low on the stove. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.

3. Add sugar and blend well.

4. Mix in eggs and vanilla.

5. Stir in flour and nuts.

6. Cook in a greased 13x9 pan (for thin brownies) or in a 9 inch square pan (for thick fudgy brownies) for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs.. Do NOT overbake. Cool in pan.

Fudge Pie (my go to dessert for twenty years)

1 stick butter

4 squares unsweetened baking chocolate

4 eggs

3 tablespoons Karo syrup

1 cup sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 frozen 9 inch pie shell

Melt butter and chocolate together in microwave. Beat the eggs and add Karo syrup, sugar and vanilla to the beaten eggs. Add chocolate mixture and mix well. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until set like custard. Serve warm with ice cream or cold with milk. :drool:

Paver tile size blocks of baker's chocolate have been known to spontaneously combust. For your safety, I would strongly recommend removing it from your home. I'll PM you my address as we have ways of dealing - safely - with the situation. :D

Daisy's brownie recipe is awesome! If it's the one on the side of Baker's chocolate, I used that years ago, and it was better than anything I've tried since.

Just read that you're not sure if it's sweetened or unsweetened or semi-sweet yet. You have amazing willpower not to have tasted it already!!! :lol:

I would just hack off a chunk and eat it (assuming it's not unsweetened). Otherwise, make brownies with it. Brownies made with melted chocolate are the best. I haven't tried the recipe listed previously, but it sounds good. If it's bitter/semi sweet, you could chop it into chunks and make chocolate chunk cookies.