Menu

Luvs was the ONLY one that kept the poo in the diaper for my boys! Pampers broke them out into a red- sore rash and huggies leaked. I tried every off brand I could find and they all leaked. Luvs did it for my breast fed little guys! (when they were little)

BTW-- We did cloth for a week, that was enough of that LOL

I think it is trial and error with disposables. We had FAR fewer poop leaks with cloth, but I know not everyone wants to go that route. When we have had to travel with a small baby, I would put a cloth cover over the disposable for the car ride. It can potentially save a yucky carseat cleanup! Bummis or Thirsties are good brands.

And yes, onesies are useless for this age unless you have the kind that snap up the front.

Cloth :001_smile:

I only had one blowout with my third baby, the only one I have cloth diapered, and I had a billion with the other two - no matter what diaper I used (and I tried them all). Cloth is hands down the best container we've found. Oh, and we used infant prefolds and bummis covers. :001_smile:

~Kristen

I do agree with those recommending cloth. We never had a true blowout in cloth, unlike disposables, through 3 kids.

I agree with the person with onesies. Ugh. I sit here thinking on that as I'm pregnant with my 4th. Not looking forward to those onesies again. LOL

Cloth:001_smile:

:iagree:No blowouts here in cloth--many in sposies.

If it's something you're interested in, go check out diaperswappers.com. It's a forum set up much like this one, and devoted to cloth diapering and other "natural" parenting stuff. Good luck!

Thanks everyone! I did use cloth with my boys, but they weren't breast fed, nor were they newborns when I used cloth.

I would be ok with going back to cloth, I just need to scrimp and save some money, since there is some upfront cost involved. I actually have a diaperswappers account, too OK, when I tell dh, I am going to blame it on you guys! :lol:

Over the years I have tried: Whitecloud (no longer made), Huggies, Pampers, Luvs, and Parent's Choice. None of them can contain those explosive breast-fed monster wet poops.

We've had a lot of explosions this week. One in the middle of the night, and I don't do well on the night shift. I've got the onesie problem happening too.

In my case, it did occur to me today that Kelly needs the next size up in diapers. He chunked out on Monday and now he's been waking up soaked through from even a 2 hour nap. Hopefully after getting the next size up tomorrow I will see a decrease in explosive diapers.

I guess I should have gone with the cloth, but I never did come to a decision about which ones to buy.

DD3 didn't wasn't breastfed (came to us at 5mth), but she had a milk allergy that we didn't know about. She was often covered in wet, wet stools and she has a crack that goes very high in the back so it was like having a spout out of her diapers. We used Pampers Cruisers when she was little and then switched to Kirkland brand when she got to big for those. We usually had her in the largest size that she could wear and put more of the diaper in the back.

One thing to watch for is that there is gathers/elastic in the back and legs and elastic in the side adhesive. These features allow you to snug the diaper on good without creating gaps. At one point I kept one of each brand of diaper I bought, just so I could compare the features. It really is amazing when you look at them side by side and compare them. They are very different in features, thickness and design.