Menu

What's on the menu this week?

Here is a 15 day menu of things that we eat, we don't have any diet restrictions (other than the 5 lbs I've put on this year :tongue_smilie: ) so many wouldn't be usable, but maybe you can get some ideas :)

M-pork chops, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn

T-quiche (I'll make one ham & zucchini and one mushroom & ham)

W-smoky links, mac-n-cheese, corn, broccoli

R-beef pot roast with homemade noodles, fresh mashed potatoes, corn

F-biscuits & gravy with hashbrowns and eggs

Sa-spaghetti

Su-grilled brats with grilled potatoes/onions and corn

M-potluck; I'll take baked mac and cheese (which I've never made before, lol) and a super easy but yummy bean dip (mashed up pintos with lots of taco sauce, sour cream, cheese and some diced onions)

T-grilled chicken with mashed potatoes, broccoli or grape tomatoes (choice of 2 out of the 3)

W-grilled burgers

R-fake olive garden chicken con broccoli (with leftover from Tues grilled chicken)

F - hotdogs/burgers on the grill

Ss - going to try pizza on the grill

Su - pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns

M- chicken burritos

HTH :)

Sunday -- farfalle pasta with parmesan and fresh tomatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper.

Monday -- Greek Salad made with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, kalamata olives, red onions, feta cheese, and dressed with squeezed lemon j and olive oil and s/p. Bread

Tuesday -- polenta with cheddar melted on top. Topped with a toss of pinto beans, diced tomatoes, fresh basil, with salt and pepper.

Wednesday -- baked potatoes with broccoli, tomatoes, and cheese topping.

Thursday -- fake chicken thing with gruyere cheese, breaded and baked (by quorn) and veggies.

Friday -- nachos made with chips, cheese, and the last of the beans.

M- Nasi Goreng (fried rice)

T- Cauliflower cheese and salad

W- Borcht (beetroot soup)

Th- Vegetarian gluten free home made pizza

Fr- Vegetable stew and brown rice

S- pasta and pesto (gluten free pasta for half of us)

Su- Mushroom Frittata

Many of our menus this time of year are determined by what is in the CSA box. So looking back over the past week...

One night we had grilled mahi, corn on the corn (from Florida--not local yet) and salad. I made blue cheese dressing for the latter.

Another night we had pasta with a sauce made from zucchini, fresh tomato, anchovies.

Yesterday I made calzones with a filling of chopped broccoli and chicken, ricotta and mozzarella. We brought these to share at a get together with nephew, his wife and friends who had made a tossed salad and shrimp pasta salad. A feast!

The night before we had one of my favorite Rachel Ray recipes: Moo Shu chicken patties with seared napa cabbage. Recipe here. (I usually use less ground chicken or turkey and make smaller patties--we are not big meat eaters.) I served this cantaloupe chunks.

We still have some salad greens from the CSA, a kohlrabi and some squash. So whatever else we eat today will be accompanied by these items.

Jane (who has talked her husband into making peach pancakes for breakfast)

We go to our weekly summer menu this week, so we are purposefullu entering a rut. :001_smile: The main components are frozen and ready for simple meals when we get back from summer fun.

M - fish with two veggies and orzo

T- chicken on the grill with two veggies and rice

W - spaghetti with green salad

R - chicken on the grill with two veggies and potato

F - pizza with salad and fruity desert

S or Su (we only eat dinner at home one or the other) - chili with salad and corn bread or sloppy joes with raw veggies and fruit

M - Hamburgers

T - Mimi's Sticky Chicken http://www.cyber-kitchen.com/recipes/Foolproof_Sticky_Chicken.htm

W - Dinner at friends' house

Th - Leg of Lamb, Smashed Potatoes

F - Terriyaki Chicken

Sa - Spaghetti

Su - Potluck (haven't decided what I'm taking)

M - Burritoes

Sides are generally whatever we can find in the garden. And I've been making flan a lot lately because of an abundance of milk and eggs. I mention that because it's a nice gluten free dessert.

Edited by Luann in ID

Mon. Traditional Memorial Day bbq (hamburgers, baked beans, watermelon)

Tues Pasta Pomodoro

Wed chicken with polenta and salad

Thurs hamburger rice bake

Fri home made pizza

Sat chicken sandwhiches with fruit salad

Sun bangers and mash