Menu

Goodbye son,

I lost my son to this earlier this month. He gnawed through all seven books in 9 days, then spent another 3 watching every movie available. I went ahead and cancelled school for those two weeks because there was no getting through to him. It was like prison; I'd throw food at him and check for breathing every night before bed but other than that he was in his own world LOL.

Happy reading to him!

It's quite possible that Snickerdoodle isn't aware of the thread that you guys are referencing ~ as of this moment, it's on the fourth page.

Let's not slam her, eh?

Snickerdoodle ~ the thread that members are referencing is here ...a board member lost her son in a car accident recently.

It's quite possible that Snickerdoodle isn't aware of the thread that you guys are referencing ~ as of this moment, it's on the fourth page.

Snickerdoodle ~ the thread that members are referencing is here ...a board member lost her son in a car accident recently.

agreeing that she probably didn't know.... :grouphug: to everyone...

a few other links to help catch up

and here is the update from Kari

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178822

and the thread where people are responding with cards, donations, etc...

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178708

on the other hand.... my dh and oldest just read all of the books too :)

-crystal

LOL!! I made my daughter spread out the reading of the HP books over a year. :laugh: She got to start them when she was 11 years old (same age as Harry Potter in the beginning) and finished the last book the week of her 12th birthday.

She re-read some of the books while waiting to be able to start the next book.

I really wanted her to savor these books, though. lol She was so happy to get to read the final book, but was bummed halfway through because she was almost FINISHED with ALL of them! :ohmy: :crying:

Geeze, nobody slammed the OP. I just thought that she might want to know so she could change the title. (I think you can change it if you 'go advanced'....or contact the mods.)

No one worded it like,"OP, since you are a horrible, uncaring person...." and I don't think that anyone MEANT such a thing, just informing her in case she didn't know.

:grouphug:

Geeze, nobody slammed the OP. I just thought that she might want to know so she could change the title. (I think you can change it if you 'go advanced'....or contact the mods.)

No one worded it like,"OP, since you are a horrible, uncaring person...." and I don't think that anyone MEANT such a thing, just informing her in case she didn't know.

:grouphug:

I didn't read it like you slammed her LOL you were just giving a gentle nudge.

I am guessing that it didn't occur to her that people would assume a 'goodbye son' would immediately make people think of death. LOL Especially, with summer camps, graduations and trips for the summer starting, HP, puberty (son to man), girlfriends, new video games ...and those being much more likely reasons to be saying goodbye LOL

FYI.... you can't change the title on the main page once someone has posted inside a thread.