Menu

BLTs and a big salad for dinner.

Absolutely. My husband thinks food needs to be hot to be called a meal. The rest of us are good with sandwiches or salad or breakfast all day long. When he had meetings when the kids were little it was always party time with movies and different sleeping arrangements and whatever we wanted to eat.

No, he never felt like he was missing out - he is a little formal...

The girls and I are happy with cheese, fruit, crackers, yogurt, cereal, muffins, etc... That's pretty much what our breakfast and lunches are and we could do it again for dinner.

Dh needs his meat and potatoes..............

I would be perfectly happy with cheese, crackers, fruit and a glass of white wine for dinner every night.

My husband is also a meat and potatoes guy.

My husband thinks food needs to be hot to be called a meal.

Same here. I don't know where he gets the idea, though. His mother never cooked.

A TV dinner with everyone gathered around the latest episode of M*A*S*H* was their most formal occasion. :lol:

The boys knew right away that Dad must be working late.

Do you have different cooking habits when your significant other is out for the evening?

Yes. For example, DH hates breakfast for dinner. eta: But, the other night he was perfectly fine with BLTs, tomato soup and salad for dinner.

Yup! Infact just tonight DH had to stay late at work unexpectedly, so I threw out the idea of spiced black beans with cornbread and served up Life cereal instead (we'll have the cornbread tomorrow night)

When DH goes out on business trips I find that, if I want to do any meaningful cooking, that it's best to do it before the time DH would typically come home when I'm not totally fried from dealing with the kids and dreading the prospect of dealing with bed time solo. So when he's away we have really fancy lunches, then have either leftovers or typical lunch fare (like PBJ's or toasted cheese sandwhiches) for dinner.

The girls and I are happy with cheese, fruit, crackers, yogurt, cereal, muffins, etc... That's pretty much what our breakfast and lunches are and we could do it again for dinner.

Dh needs his meat and potatoes..............

Same here!

Yes! It's called pizza or " get your own hot dog out of the fridge....."

Love it. That's exactly what we do when dh is working late. Or, we do breakfast for dinner...cereal, pancakes, bacon/sausage or perhaps just a grilled cheese and some fruit or a salad. If I am particularly tired, it is "self-serve" all around with the older kids helping out the youngers.

Yep. DH is vegetarian. We often eat some meat when he's not around!

And mine is diabetic, so we eat carbs when he's not around. :lol:

My neighbor and I were just talking about this yesterday. She was about to run off to the store to get something for dinner for her dh who likes "traditional" dinners. She said it was nice that he occasionally had a night shift so she didn't have to cook. My dh travels A LOT--several days a week. That's when we usually do our carb dinners--pizza, spaghetti, quesadillas. Usually something Easy and Quick.

Cinder