Menu

Limiting tv time & looking for ideas...

We're severely cutting back tv time (as soon as the Stanley Cup playoffs are over :D) so I'm looking for ideas to keep the boys busy. We have a lot of board games & Legos so I'm looking for other ideas/kits that kids might like. I recently bought a Snap Circuits set that they're really enjoying + it's educational. They're boys so hands on is good. Any ideas???

Rip it off like a bandaid!:D

We just stopped turning ours on during the day, and one day stopped at night. The kids cried :lol: the first day. After that they dealt. Now I don't know how we spent so much time watching it. I just wouldn't have the time now.

Family game nights

Bible study

Projects like gardening, building something

Littles...color, play dough, legos

Edited to fix spelling.

Another idea. Keep plenty of supplies like the following around and let them come up with their own ideas (with the occasional suggestion from Mom or Dad, of course ;)):

art

musical instruments (yard sales, thrift stores, ask friends and coworkers if they have any they want hauled off for free, etc.)

building supplies (wood, hammers, nails, just take'em through Home Depot and let'em pick out stuff with you making suggestions and coming up with ideas, too)

animals - chickens are great for young kids

sports equipment for things they can do at home, together

work clothes - for all the extra chores they now have time to do :D

HTH

Maybe some leather craft kits--moccasins or a belt or a coin bag (not a purse...lol...manbag)

Do you have any projects they can do around the house? Dh wrote, in pencil, the amt he was willing to pay for the kids to paint each wall of the basement (we have multiple walls...). Could they powerwash the garage, garage door, sofit, etc, or hose down the outside windows with that window cleaner stuff you screw onto the hose?

Family Fun Magazine has some awfully cool mini-treehouse ideas--table top decorations it could take hours to finish--very neat and on the website.

:iagree: with tons of outdoor time. Oriental Trading has cheap games/equipment for outdoors, like giant balls, water stuff, etc.