Menu

Keurig ... I just was given a new one!

Hey Everyone,

When people were talking about the Keurig, I was a tad jealous! I buy nice coffee, and I really have some each day. I usually make "6 cups" in the coffee maker and have a bit over. Our school spot is right by the kitchen, and I drink two full mugs or so.

I was given the most lovely present by our homeschool group, of a Keurig. Now I'm looking at it thinking about if I can justify keeping it, since they offered I could return it. I have absolutely nothing I really need, and I love the thought of keeping it. (And no, I wouldn't ask my husband to help me decide; I'm sure he has some lovely tool he'd like......)

I have an Starbuck's Espresso Maker... and a Coffee Maker... Mine has the little thing you can use in case you don't want to purchase the "K-cups". I received 76 k-cups with the maker.... and I'm not sure I'd want to continue purchasing those.... (My coffee is either the 2 lbs for $10 from Costco... or $8.00 from our local spot for 12 ounces)

What do you all think??

Hey Everyone,

When people were talking about the Keurig, I was a tad jealous! I buy nice coffee, and I really have some each day. I usually make "6 cups" in the coffee maker and have a bit over. Our school spot is right by the kitchen, and I drink two full mugs or so.

I was given the most lovely present by our homeschool group, of a Keurig. Now I'm looking at it thinking about if I can justify keeping it, since they offered I could return it. I have absolutely nothing I really need, and I love the thought of keeping it. (And no, I wouldn't ask my husband to help me decide; I'm sure he has some lovely tool he'd like......)

I have an Starbuck's Espresso Maker... and a Coffee Maker... Mine has the little thing you can use in case you don't want to purchase the "K-cups". I received 76 k-cups with the maker.... and I'm not sure I'd want to continue purchasing those.... (My coffee is either the 2 lbs for $10 from Costco... or $8.00 from our local spot for 12 ounces)

What do you all think??

Keep it. Keep it. Keep it.

I love, love, love, LOVE, and adore my Keurig.

I use the refillable K-cup. The coffee is so much better than the coffee through a drip maker. It takes me about a minute to get a fresh, hot, spectacularly delicious cup of coffee.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mine. But I am the only coffee drinker in my house, and I don't drink more than a cup or two a day.

I also use the refillable cup, but I fill mine with Mystic Monk coffee. Yum! The K-Cup packs are nice to have around for flavored coffees, since the cups stay fresh and you only open one at a time. That is huge for me, since I love flavored coffee, but the large packages go stale before I use them up.

I say keep it! It's a great hot water dispenser too. In addition to the coffee, I have many other uses for it.

-If you or your kids like hot chocolate, you can either get the hot choc k-cups or just put a packet in a cup and add hot water.

-If you make jello, use the hot water to dissolve, then add a cup of cold water.

-If you like hot tea you can buy k-cups of many different tea varieties or dispense a cup of hot water over a tea bag/loose tea leaves.

-If you make ice tea, use a couple of cups of hot water for the tea bags for steeping before adding the ice.

-I mix the hot water with vinegar for a quick cleaning solution.

-Any recipes that call for hot or warm water will be much easier with the Keurig.

Enjoy your new machine!!

I forgot to mention to you a special deal I think is still going on. When you register your machine at keurig.com you get buy two get two free packages of k-cups and free shipping. It's a really good deal on the k-cups, and the variety packs are included allowing you to try lots of different kinds!

My brother loves his and I am so very jealous! I am the only coffee drinker at our house and would love to own one. He also uses the refillable cup and says he prefers it over the K-cups. But he is a straight black kind of a guy LOL no extra flavors for him.

Keep it. Keep it. Keep it.

I love, love, love, LOVE, and adore my Keurig.

I use the refillable K-cup. The coffee is so much better than the coffee through a drip maker. It takes me about a minute to get a fresh, hot, spectacularly delicious cup of coffee.

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

ETA - My kids love to make hot chocolate in ours. We just throw regular hot chocolate packs in a cup and they run the machine without a K-cup in it. MUCH cheaper than using the k-cup hot chocolate. We found that adding one ice cube makes it the perfect kid temp to drink right away. AND - if you do buy tea or hot chocolate k-sups - shake them before you put them in and they work better.

Edited by Kayaking Mom

I absolutely love my Keurig. My oldest dd probably uses it more than I do making iced coffee or frappocino's for everyone. (her friends and her little sister) I am not fond of the refillable filter that comes with the machine. I did find "tops" on the internet that make the K-cups reusable. You can look at them at this website and it explains all about them. http://www.my-kap.com/MYK/

I also use it for making packets of hot chocolate. My 7yo dd can even do it herself. She just puts packet in cup and I've shown her which size cup to choose for the water. She can make it without putting water in microwave to heat. It's much quicker and she feels special because she is able to do it without help. Just be careful the water is incredibly hot when it comes out of the machine. I give her a larger cup than she will need and then she adds a little milk to it to cool it down a bit.

I also have found the Bed, Bath and Beyond carries larger boxes of the K-cups in multiple flavors and they are a little cheaper.

I would definitely say keep it.

Emily

Good for you!

Someone in my last office had gotten two as gifts one Christmas and just gave one to me when she saw how much I admired hers. Then, like a great big idiot, I left it on my desk when I quit the company. I was in such a hurry to get out of Dodge....I don't know what I was thinking! Grrrr....

Enjoy!