Menu

If you have to file a yearly notice of intent to homeschool

You mean the one I send, or the reply?

I save the format for the one I send on my computer in Word. I print it out with changes every year, and I don't save the previous version.

I save the one they send for about 5 minutes before I toss it in the trash.

You mean the one I send, or the reply?

I save the format for the one I send on my computer in Word. I print it out with changes every year, and I don't save the previous version.

I save the one they send for about 5 minutes before I toss it in the trash.

We have to fill out a pre-formatted form every year. We don't receive anything back but we have to test inthe spring. I have kept copies of this form and the testing results.

I also have copies of the forms I made and sent in NH and Maine as well as any replies, copies of their portfolios and any replies. LOL. The file is getting a wee bit thick :lol:

I have a small 2-drawer file cabinet next to my school desk so I've got enough room to save them.....dating back to 1989 when my twins turned 7- compulsory age for that state at that time.... I've also kept all 5 kids' test scores. Not a big deal- they don't take up much room. I guess there is no legal reason to keep them all......maybe I'll show them to the kids one day..... :001_smile:

how long do you save these? I still have the ones from NH and we have moved to two different states since then :blush:

I've heard that for kids applying to the service academies, it can sometimes be useful to have *all* of the paperwork from past years. Perhaps Margaret or someone else with experience could comment?

I *think* I have all of ours so far, but I can't swear I could put my hands on them easily...

I have copies from every year I have hs'd. I couldn't find one year's due to to an accidental delete. I contacted the school dept, and they had everything I had ever emailed them on file. I've never sent them anything in the mail or on actual paper. ;) Good they never had a system failure in all those years. lol I don't have to save them, but I like a record...