Menu

Who is planning to attend the WTM *free* series of lectures on June 11 in Richmond?

I am only an hour from Richmond. As a librarian, I am more then interested in attending the lecture "Teaching Reading from Birth on". I'll be at the HEAV conference (it's free for parents of preschoolers), and will head over to sit in on that specific lecture. The other ones interest me, but aren't really applicable to me at this time.

I'll be there from Thur (for the newbie sessions :-) through Sat. I think I will try and sit in on the FLL portion of this lecture since I'll be doing that for K and 1st. I'm going to be spending a lot of time at the vendor tables and the used curriculum sale I think!

Mendy

I already have a hotel room for HEAV. I hadn't seen this announcement - thanks for posting it. I'll be going to the transcript boot camp Thursday.

What is Literary Analysis? looks good, but I'm not a morning person, so I don't know if I'll make that. Teaching Students to Work Independently sounds really good, I'll make that one a priority and maybe the College Admissions Seminar. I'll have to balance that last one against the other sessions being offered.

Information here: http://www.welltrainedmind.com/home-educators-association-of-virginia-speaking-schedule/

My darling husband has offered to send me on a business trip this summer and this fits the bill nicely. Who else is planning to go?

Barb

bump so more people can see this.

I've heard all but the college one last year at the PHP conf. and they were GOOD. Well worth me going from eastern Canada to Virginia - I'll never need a homeschooling conference again (that was my first one ever, lol). I'd love to hear the college one next - hopefully it will make it to a recording to sell at PHP.

bump so more people can see this.

I've heard all but the college one last year at the PHP conf. and they were GOOD. Well worth me going from eastern Canada to Virginia - I'll never need a homeschooling conference again (that was my first one ever, lol). I'd love to hear the college one next - hopefully it will make it to a recording to sell at PHP.

I was just coming in to bump again.

My oldest two still at home are coming back home next year. I'm thrilled to have them back but nervous about absorbing them. The timing of this is perfect to spark my motivation again.

Barb

I will be there. Every year we start our vacation by going to HEAV. I am so glad that I can hear Susan and Jessie speak! I don't know if I'll be going to all of the workshops, but I will be going to the upper level ones.

I was debating whether to do the HEAV Convention this year because I've already got our curriculum' date=' but I would like to do this... So it's completely free to attend? Or do you need to have convention tickets?[/quote']

FREE!!! It's totally separate from the HEAV convention. It's just that SWB and JW rented a room at the same center, on the same day. It's their own gig, offered completely free. They are so generous!!!!

We'll be moving back to NC in the first half of next year. We're not sure exactly when yet, we're waiting for info on dates.:D

Cheeseburgers are a lot cheaper there.

I wish you were going. I'd love to meet you IRL.

Barb

FREE!!! It's totally separate from the HEAV convention. It's just that SWB and JW rented a room at the same center, on the same day. It's their own gig, offered completely free. They are so generous!!!!

I'm totally going then. What a wonderful opportunity. This is my version of meeting a celebrity.:D

• 1 month later...