Menu

Did anyone get an ipad?

Should I lie and say no?:tongue_smilie:

I was very worried, after I pre-ordered, whether or not I would even be glad I bought one. I have never bought the 'first' of anything. I waited patiently for it (this is my 40th birthday present from my dear hubby, and my birthday was in December) and during the wait I almost talked myself out of it and into a macbook. I am soooo glad I stuck with it. It is really amazing what Apple has done with this. I highly recommend it to anyone who is on the fence about buying. :)

Should I lie and say no?:tongue_smilie:

I was very worried, after I pre-ordered, whether or not I would even be glad I bought one. I have never bought the 'first' of anything. I waited patiently for it (this is my 40th birthday present from my dear hubby, and my birthday was in December) and during the wait I almost talked myself out of it and into a macbook. I am soooo glad I stuck with it. It is really amazing what Apple has done with this. I highly recommend it to anyone who is on the fence about buying. :)

Man. This is really bad news for me. I SO did not need to hear good things about it!!!

My 19-year-old got his yesterday. He tracked its progress all the way from China to our local UPS truck last week and woke up early yesterday morning to be ready when it arrived. Sadly for him, it didn't get here until almost 4:00 in the afternoon.

He really likes it. He did say it's not as easy to type on, but that little problem was as nothing compared to the good things he had to say about the iPad in general. He's very glad he spent every cent of his birthday money on it.

... we'll be waiting for the next one (2nd gen.). My MacBook Pro & itouch are not even a yr old, and my Kindle is about a yr old.

My dh said yesterday, "Why don't we go to the Apple store and look at them?" WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY!! We would never get out of that store w/o buying one! :lol:

Edited by MIch elle

Trying very hard to wait for the second generation. My brother-in-law has the 3G version on order and he picked up one of the ones released Saturday for my sister-in-law on Saturday.

It's going to be VERY hard to wait. Told my husband.

Val

I would LOVE one....someday. I read an article yesterday that stated, while the iPad ROCKS, the next generation will be even better... sometimes it is better to wait for the second wave of a new product (even though the technology is probably not 100% brand new) rather than jumping on the first.

I'd love the idea of it, but it would be of little practical use to me without Flash. :(

I keep hearing this, but I don't understand the exclusiveness of Flash. I mean, I really don't know exactly what Flash is. I'm guessing I probably use it for something, but I don't know what. I don't want to be sorry if I end up getting the iPad that I covet. then discover that I'm missing something important. :) Is Flash primarily for gamin? What does Flash do, that an iPad won't do?

I keep hearing this, but I don't understand the exclusiveness of Flash. I mean, I really don't know exactly what Flash is. I'm guessing I probably use it for something, but I don't know what. I don't want to be sorry if I end up getting the iPad that I covet. then discover that I'm missing something important. :) Is Flash primarily for gamin? What does Flash do, that an iPad won't do?

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/techtonicshifts/archive/2010/04/02/the-ipad-s-war-on-flash-may-be-over-before-it-begins.aspx

Interesting article. I had the same questions.

What does Flash do, that an iPad won't do?
Flash is used to integrate animation and video into web pages, and offers the functionality to make pages interactive. It works across platforms... Mac/PC/Linux etc. as long as it's underlying software/plug-in can be installed. Apple has chosen not to give the iPad Flash functionality. Their claim is that Flash is buggy (and in truth it can be), but I suspect it has more to do with Apple's wanting to sell apps.

Almost all our online subscriptions (and for that matter, free sites too) for academic use are Flash and/or Shockwave (a similar, related platform) based, and therefore cannot be used on an iPad. :glare:

I got mine last Saturday:001_smile: But I don't really give a big deal out of it. I was excited about it but I would have been as excited if I got a Kindle. As long as it serves me the purpose I want it for . I have been asking for a Kindle for a very long time now but hubby thought iPad will be better, so we waited. It is actually a pretty cool gadget.