Menu

Got my Netflix "Watch Instantly" disc for my Wii today!

It took about 5 minutes to set up. The first thing we watched? An episode from "Leave it to Beaver". :) (we needed something short because we were about to leave the house)

I'm so excited!! I've been waiting for this to be available on the Wii for awhile now.

What are your favorite Netflix movies/shows to watch instantly?

I didn't know. :sad:

I don't have a disc. :crying:

So how does it work? Does the disc have to be in whenever we want to watch a movie? (If so, can the disc be copied so we can always have a fresh, unscratched master copy?)

Yes, the disc has to be in the Wii. No, the disc cannot be copied. However, you can order another one if anything happens to the first. It's free.

You put the disc in, and it will give you a code that you have to input on the Netflix web-site. You will then have access to your Instant Play Queue, through the Wii. You scroll through things and select them to play. It's not very sophisticated, but it works!

So, how do you like it? How is the quality of the picture? We've run the laptop through the tv, but it's not great. I'm curious about this. :bigear:

We have an HDTV, so I wouldn't use it movies that we want to see in that format, but for regular viewing, it's fine. I'd bet it's better than running the laptop through the TV, but I'm not sure. I've never done that, so I can't compare.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone figured out how to get to the instant que that we set up on Netflix? So far, I can only scroll through the movie selections on the TV but can't figure out how to find the instant que. I remember reading something about it on another thread but that was before we got our Wii.

Any help appreciated :tongue_smilie:

I think you have to set up the instant part from your computer. The same way that you pick movies to be mailed to you. At least, that's how we've done it.

It's not just for your instant plays though, they have many categories that you can look through- I especially appreciate having several episodes of Barney, Thomas, and VeggieTales that we can watch over and over and we don't have to return before we can get a new one.

Anyone know if the selection that is on there will stay on there and be added to or if they rotate them out? Like Care Bears 2 is on there now, if they add a new children's movie, could Care Bears 2 get bumped off?

Has anyone figured out how to get to the instant que that we set up on Netflix? So far, I can only scroll through the movie selections on the TV but can't figure out how to find the instant que. I remember reading something about it on another thread but that was before we got our Wii.

Any help appreciated :tongue_smilie:

I had trouble with that, too. Yes, you go to your netflix account online and when you go to the tab marked Queue, you'll notice two tabs: DVD and Instant. When you find a movie you'd like to watch, you'll need to select In Instant Queue so it goes into that list instead of your regular queue. Then I just go to my Instant Queue and edit it so the movie I want to watch is moved up to #1. Then it shows up on my Wii movie menu.

I love the watch instantly option! The only thing I wish it had was closed captioning, but oh, well, maybe another 10 years. ;)

Oh, wait, do you mean you can't find the instant queue list on the netflix menu on TV? That's usually the first category. Do you have any movies put in your instant queue on your netflix account? Maybe that's why?

Edited by Apiphobic

We love ours!

I think the Wii processor can handle video better than (older) laptops. At least that was our experience.

We cancelled satellite TV a while back, so the kids are very excited to watch episodes of Dr. Who on the big screen again. :)