Menu

How to Know if You're on Ignore (Or I Must Have Internet Bad Breath)

I've posted on a lot of forums, and this is the first one where I've ever been added to anyone's ignore list! And I know that because 1) someone posted on my thread to tell me that a bunch of people PMd her and were now ignoring me and 2) someone else (who was posting on said thread) started another thread appreciating the ignore feature and referencing said thread. So... I'm not really surprised when any of those people don't respond to my posts on other threads.

:001_huh: Yeah. Don't you just hate it when you write what's really on your mind then delete it all? That's what I just did. I haven't even been here that long and I am ignored intentionally. It feels too contentious to post what was on my mind and I guess I was feeling defensive, and who wouldn't after being left alone on the playground?

What's for dinner?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:001_huh: Yeah. Don't you just hate it when you write what's really on your mind then delete it all? That's what I just did. I haven't even been here that long and I am ignored intentionally. It feels too contentious to post what was on my mind and I guess I was feeling defensive, and who wouldn't after being left alone on the playground?

What's for dinner?

:grouphug: Hope your day gets better.

Just ducking in here to say you ladies are still making me laugh!

Remember that line that Glenn Close movie:

"I'm not gonna be ignored, Dan!" (OH MY! I just had to imdb it b/c I can never remember the name --- it was Fatal Attraction and it came out in 1987! Where does the time go???)

Or what about that Carol Burnett skit with Vicki Lawrence where she is in the restaurant and telling Vicky how she feels like nobody notices her and the waiter doesn't talk to her, they take her siverware away and then eventually somebody sits on her lap because they thought the chair was empty. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't have anyone on ignore. I'm sure I'm on a handful to a dozen of ignore lists.

That's not to say I don't *ignore* people. ;) I just don't have them on official status.

The one person I would have done that with was around before we had a board with that feature.

Or what about that Carol Burnett skit with Vicki Lawrence where she is in the restaurant and telling Vicky how she feels like nobody notices her and the waiter doesn't talk to her, they take her siverware away and then eventually somebody sits on her lap because they thought the chair was empty. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Totally going to look this up on You tube!

Guest Katia

I just read all 11 pages....it was fun!

Nope, I don't have anyone on ignore and I've never really thought about if people have me on ignore. I just don't care. However, there are certainly people that I ignore, often after an unprovoked altercation. Guess I'm a slow learner?

Honestly, I love reading all of the differing views and opinions offered here on the board. I learn so much that way! So, none of you that posted in these 11 pages (so far, LOL) are on my 'remember to ignore' list. Actually there are only two people on it; one shows up less and less often (for which I am very grateful) and the other stopped posting to the General Board right after purposely misunderstanding what I and other posters were saying......makes you think......

On these boards, I don't feel that I've forgotten to take off my invisibility cloak, however, IRL....yeah.

I've posted on a lot of forums, and this is the first one where I've ever been added to anyone's ignore list! And I know that because 1) someone posted on my thread to tell me that a bunch of people PMd her and were now ignoring me and 2) someone else (who was posting on said thread) started another thread appreciating the ignore feature and referencing said thread. So... I'm not really surprised when any of those people don't respond to my posts on other threads.

But I most certainly do not have bad breath! ;)

Now here's my question for those that ignore people... how can you not click to read once you know the offending person has posted? I could just never handle that kind of suspense. :lol:

Those threads make me so angry. I just want to dive in and ignore them all for being such *&%$#@*.

I don't have anyone on ignore. I really appreciate discussing different views and beliefs *intelligently* and *politely*. Whether I, or they, can be moved to change or not is *not* the point, it is learning to understand where the other person is coming from and respecting that.

I don't like conflict and ugliness though, so I'd RATHER someone *ignore* me than flame me on the board. LOL!

it's 3.44 am. can't sleep. read the whole 12 pages.

awww . . . funny . . . I didn't know that . . . makes you kind of think . . . ooooh, I wonder if anyne is ignoring me . . . it would make me feel exciting and contrversial on some days and sad and misunderstood on others . . . okay, that's just sad . . . oh, that's hilarious . . . I'm not ignoring you . . . That happens to me all the time! . . . I remember that movie . . . but not that episode . . . seriously?

it's 3.44 am. can't sleep. read the whole 12 pages.

awww . . . funny . . . I didn't know that . . . makes you kind of think . . . ooooh, I wonder if anyne is ignoring me . . . it would make me feel exciting and contrversial on some days and sad and misunderstood on others . . . okay, that's just sad . . . oh, that's hilarious . . . I'm not ignoring you . . . That happens to me all the time! . . . I remember that movie . . . but not that episode . . . seriously?

:lol::lol::lol: Your post is absolutely hilarious. It sounds like it was written in your sleep. hehehehehe

I don't ignore anyone. My views differ from some people on this board, but I still enjoy reading their views. If it's a thread that seems heated, but I want to listen in I keep reading. I just don't post. I only visit sporadically, so I'm probably one of those people who doesn't post to posts I would like to post to.:D

I have only one person on ignore but most of the time, I open the posts anyway. Why then do I put this person on ignore? Because in certain types of threads I will almost always not want to open that person's messages since they tend to infuriate me. No, I do not respond and would not respond even if there was no ignore feature. But I figure it probably does my health a good turn not to get so angry so I keep the ignore. I disagree with others too but only one person on one topic usually gets me so worked up.

Am I on ignore? I have no idea and don't care. Seems like people respond to many of my posts and I do to others.