Menu

Besides Pier 1, PB, and Crate & Barrel, where can I find rugs and throw pillows?

Major hardware stores carry a good selection of area rugs. We just bought a nice one for the living room at Lowe's.

We also bought a large area rug at Lowe's. It was about six years ago, and we still love it. This one is a room-sized rug, but now I'm looking for something a bit smaller, just the area of the living room right where the sofa is, and for an even smaller one for right in front of the door. I can't remember, does Lowe's carry much in that size range? Thanks!

We also bought a large area rug at Lowe's. It was about six years ago, and we still love it. This one is a room-sized rug, but now I'm looking for something a bit smaller, just the area of the living room right where the sofa is, and for an even smaller one for right in front of the door. I can't remember, does Lowe's carry much in that size range? Thanks!

Check the Lowe's website. They have TONS in all sizes. We just got a great one. I ordered it online to be delivered to the store and didn't pay shipping because it was site-to-store. It took about 7 days. But they also have lots of them in the store.

I didn't read the other responses so someone may have already suggested this. If you can run a sewing machine, you might consider making your own throw pillows. I have NO sewing training, but I'm creative enough to figure things out without a pattern (if you can run a sewing machine, it's not difficult to make a pillow). The trick is to go for the much higher quality "decorator" fabrics - ask where to find them in the fabric store. If you can do a decent job sewing, the results can look very high quality and 100% more impressive and coordinated than something store bought that's just "slightly the wrong color". ;)

Surprisingly we've had good experiences with rugs from Urban Outfitters.

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/category.jsp?pushId=APARTMENT_FURNISH&itemCount=10&selectedProductSize=&id=A_FURN_RUGS&startValue=11&selectedProductColor=&navCount=&prevVisit=true&navAction=poppushpush&sortby=&prepushId=&popId=APARTMENT

The ones I've bought were inexpensive, machine washable, and artsy. The pillows look cute too!

Craigslist could be another good way to go, especially for higher end rugs. We live in a big Persian neighborhood, and I've scored on some rugs that way.

I bought my favorite pillows at Z Gallery, they've held up for years.

http://www.zgallerie.com/c-7-pillows.aspx

I think they have rugs as well.

Depending on your price range, Anthropologie has some beautiful stuff. They have both pillows and rugs.

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/category.jsp?popId=HOME&navAction=top&navCount=5&isSortBy=true&pushId=HOME-RUGS&id=HOME-RUGS

hth :)

For accent pieces I like TJMaxx, Ross, Home Goods or Tuesday Morning. I find that I can usually find what I want at one of these stores easier than a current store like Macy's. I don't like 'trendy' items that you can buy anywhere, and I find much more unique items at these types of stores. They also have more variety and colors. I live in a big city with multiple locations of these stores, so if I find one pillow at one location but I wanted two...I often drive to another location to buy a pair.