Menu

Does this sound good or gross???

Quiche made with chicken/apple sausage, red pepper and mozzarella....  

1. 1. Quiche made with chicken/apple sausage, red pepper and mozzarella....

• Sounds yummy
    • Sounds yucky
    • Could be good, but with slightly different ingredients (please elaborate))

I don't think I would use mozzarella. I like Gruyere in quiche.

I'd also consider doing the chicken sausage (is it like bratwurst or bulk sausage?) on the side instead of in the quiche. I think it's just that sausage in quiche would make it seem too breakfasty to me. :confused:

not sure about the red pepper. Like the other two ingredients. I think I'd like something like spinach or asparagus with the sausage and cheese.

Ooooh, I have broccoli... we're trying to empty our freezer out and I'm finding a lot of "treasures" :lol:

Asparagus sounds great...but I don't have any. I'll have to remember that.

I'd also consider doing the chicken sausage (is it like bratwurst or bulk sausage?) on the side instead of in the quiche. I think it's just that sausage in quiche would make it seem too breakfasty to me. :confused:

Brat-style...was going to grill in slices prior...

I have gruyere...forgot about it!! thanks for the reminder.

Ooooh, I have broccoli... we're trying to empty our freezer out and I'm finding a lot of "treasures" :lol:

Asparagus sounds great...but I don't have any. I'll have to remember that.

Brat-style...was going to grill in slices prior...

I have gruyere...forgot about it!! thanks for the reminder.

OK, so if you have broccoli and Gruyere then I would do the quiche with those and the red pepper and do the brats on the side. Yum. :)

:iagree::iagree:

Sounds Dutch...ditch the applesauce to fix that issue.

*no offense to anyone of PA Dutch background*

(It wasn't applesauce... it was chicken/apple sausage :)

It honestly, was just okay. The flavors were very good, but the texture of the sausage was distracting. It was very good quality -- made right at the butcher shop but it was kind of pasty. I would make it again if I could guarantee a better sausage.

(It wasn't applesauce... it was chicken/apple sausage :)

It honestly, was just okay. The flavors were very good, but the texture of the sausage was distracting. It was very good quality -- made right at the butcher shop but it was kind of pasty. I would make it again if I could guarantee a better sausage.

ooops, a drastic misread! An easy one for me though, as the dutch around here dump their applesauce on top of everything LOL!

Change the cheese -- mozzarella is too moist and flavorless for a quiche. I think you need something firmer, like swiss or cheddar -- did someone suggest smoked Gouda? -- sounds good. Sausage, eggs & cheese s a great combination.

I'd leave out the peppers, too -- overly moist, unless you roasted the peppers first. Or you could combine the peppers (roasted) and the mozzarella with olive oil, garlic (and basil, if you have it) for a delicious marinated salad.