Menu

Evan did it! Evan did it! Our hometown boy!

I am so thrilled for Evan Lycacek! I saw him in '96 at an ice show at our local rink. My then babysitter, Kelly, was skating in the show and pointed out her training partner who was "going to the Olympics." 3 years later, I tripped over his gym bag at another rink when I was there for a homeschool outing (that turned disastrous, but that is another story.) He was a nice kid then and has grown into such a nice young man.

Well, I thought both Weir and Chan were robbed. I didn't understand how the Swiss, Lambiel, scored ahead of them when he skated so badly.

IIRC, Lambiel had two quads; he put his hand down on one but did ok on the second. Didn't he? Maybe I'm making that up. It all gets confused for me really fast. :)

I liked Lambiel. Weir's program was wonderfully executed. Chan - well, he's young. He'll be back. (though I won't be watching until 2014 LOL. I only tune into sports during the Olympics. :))

I'm thrilled for him too. I'm a few towns over from his home town. When I was young I skated in a program with Scott Hamilton. He was a guest performer at our local rink right before he made it big. He was friends with the owner of the rink. It's so cool to think that I skated in the same program as he did.