Menu

Paper to trace bodies....

i have NO idea where a newsppaper place is. lol

Do you have a local paper that is printed in your town? Look up the name in the phone book and give them a call. I was given a roll of end paper free, as I have friends there. At most, I think you would only be charged $1 or $2 an inch (of the width of the roll). You can use that roll of paper with your kids for lots of things. Tear off a sheet and give them a box of crayons and let them go for it. Tear off a sheet and take it outside on the driveway and give them some chalk, then when they're through, roll it up and toss it (if you don't want to save it).

Good luck with your search.

I always remember my school teachers talking about "butcher paper" for large painting and coloring projects. I just don't know where to get it -- a restaurant supply?

I went to a local butcher market and asked to buy a piece long enough. When I told him it was for a homeschool project he smiled and gave it to me for free!!!

I found a roll at a teachers supply store. It is about 3' wide and 100' long. There is a serrated edge (like Al foil) for cutting.

Could you use the back of some wrapping paper? Some of our Christmas wrapping paper had solid white on the flip side.

We just did the body book at co=op and I found a roll of paper 36 inches wide by 100 Ft for @ $9 at a teacher's supply store in my town. If I could't find one locally I was going to order from www.classroomdirect.com

Do you have a local newspaper? Sometimes they will give you the end of the roll off their big presses.

When my college kids were younger we always got free end rolls from our local newspaper. Each end roll would last forever, in fact, I still have a roll. We use it now for gift wrap with pretty ribbon.