Menu

$10 boy gift

Monster disc (giant frisbee)

Nerf football

Small Playmobil, Lego, or K-Nex set

Gift card for online games (if he's into that), such as Club Penguin or Wizards101

Small science kit (Target had some MythBusters science kits on the clearance rack a few days ago...)

A cool magic trick (esp. if you have access to a magician's/trick shop)

Book

Wooden craft kit (maybe a birdhouse or a small wooden car)

I cannot find any cool science experiment things at Target anymore. I did find some fun science things at Walmart. They come in these small pouches and one made slime and the other made fake snow. They are around $6 each. I also found some night vision goggles at Walmart in the same area that were inexpensive. They have a small assortment of educational items in the toy department. I've seen these items in more than one Walmart in my area but I'm not sure if they are everywhere. Walmart's website is terrible and I cannot find them there.

I have found cool things at Barnes and Noble.

Does he play a musical instrument? My son loves getting guitar picks.

And, in a totally different direction, his own ceramic mug for hot cocoa or whatever.

My ds also loved getting 'boggle,' a wallet, a harmonica, a slide whistle, webkinz, a pretend shaving kit (got this at a toy store).

There's an electonic game called "20 Questions" that would be perfect. It's a small, round, handheld game that has "20Q" written on the top. My son got one for his 8th birthday...and, we have given it as a gift since to both children and older teens. It always seems to be a hit...even with adults.

The game has questions that it asks you as it tried to "guess" the animal, vegetable, mineral, other, or unknown that you are thinking! There are buttons that you push...yes, no, sometimes, unknown...to answer. The crazy thing about it is...the device guesses what you are thinking 9 times out of 10!

~Holly

There's an electonic game called "20 Questions" that would be perfect. It's a small, round, handheld game that has "20Q" written on the top. My son got one for his 8th birthday...and, we have given it as a gift since to both children and older teens. It always seems to be a hit...even with adults.

The game has questions that it asks you as it tried to "guess" the animal, vegetable, mineral, other, or unknown that you are thinking! There are buttons that you push...yes, no, sometimes, unknown...to answer. The crazy thing about it is...the device guesses what you are thinking 9 times out of 10!

~Holly

Someone gave this to dd9 for her birthday in October -- my kids have not ever had a game that they played so much! Great suggestion!

Guest janainaz

They have voice recorders in the check-out aisle at Target for about $7.00. They are about the size of a cell phone and you talk into it and it warps your voice (really low and really high). I bought them for my boys for Christmas and they have a ton of fun with them. They are not educational :tongue_smilie:, but they are a lot of fun for a kid.

Guest janainaz
THIS would be VERY dangerous...but thanks for the idea!!!

Have you seen the Dangerous Book For Boys? It really isn't dangerous, just a lot of cool and valuable information! It really is a great book.