Menu

This was a VERY interesting weekend for NFL football ...

I loved the ending to the weekend's football. Yay, Bears! I can't believe they actually beat the Vikings.

The other interesting wins were by the Tampa Bay Bucs (over the Saints) ... the Broncos almost beat the Eagles (but didn't) ... I won't even go into the Jets/Colts game. :001_huh:

I can't believe the Bears did it!! I can't believe that I have to endure several more weeks of agony!!!!! I thought the planets had realigned. You see, this is how it was going to go: we lose to Carolina next week, Vikings beat the Bears tonight, we take a week off, then go to Minnesota and get our butts handed to us in the playoffs yet again. That's how it was supposed to go!!!! :blink: Now what???!!!!:confused::tongue_smilie:

I can't believe the Bears did it!! I can't believe that I have to endure several more weeks of agony!!!!! I thought the planets had realigned. You see, this is how it was going to go: we lose to Carolina next week, Vikings beat the Bears tonight, we take a week off, then go to Minnesota and get our butts handed to us in the playoffs yet again. That's how it was supposed to go!!!! :blink: Now what???!!!!:confused::tongue_smilie:

You are right about that part! ;)

My family is FROM Greenbay. We were all die hard Packer's fans. Not any more. We root for Brett. Untill the Packers change management, we are done with them. My mother, who grew up in Greenbay and has cheered for the Packers since she was a toddler, wears purple now. Brett is the man! Brett is a hero! Go Brett!!!!

My family is FROM Greenbay. We were all die hard Packer's fans. Not any more. We root for Brett. Untill the Packers change management, we are done with them. My mother, who grew up in Greenbay and has cheered for the Packers since she was a toddler, wears purple now. Brett is the man! Brett is a hero! Go Brett!!!!

... and used to be BIG Broncos fans. We do NOT like the new head coach at all. So we are going for Jay up in Chicago now. We are big Manning fans as well though so go Colts! LOL ... but we are going for whoever is playing against Denver right now.

Yahoo! Da Bears, Da Bears, Da Bears, Da Bears, Da Bears!! It was a frustrating season but that was quite a game. Where were these guys all season?

I have to say that Favre is a class act. Never been a Packers fan (despite the fact that my dad grew up near Green Bay), but I have always been impressed with that guy. We are friends with a family whose son has an inoperable brain tumor (not malignant, but pressing on some very important areas in the brain stem causing motor problems and learning difficulties.) Brett heard about it and invited this boy's family up to Green Bay and gave them a personal tour of the practice and game facilities for several hours and introduced the boy to several players. It was a fantasy football day for this very sweet boy, who took lots of ribbing at school for wearing his Favre Green Bay jersey here in die-hard Bears land.

My poor DH and his Saints. Things were going along so nicely. It was the loss to the dreaded and hated Cowboys that did him in.

As for now we will watch Texas in the Rose Bowl and hope for a win until we can next cheer our beloved Drew Brees!:D

I have to say I wasn't even going to watch the Saints and Cowboys. But it seems that the Saints relieved the December curse for the Cowboys and all is right with the world again. Sorry your dh had to suffer but I'm thrilled! Now, if they can just not humiliate themselves with the Eagles I'll know the planets have returned to their correct orbits.

My poor DH and his Saints. Things were going along so nicely. It was the loss to the dreaded and hated Cowboys that did him in.

As for now we will watch Texas in the Rose Bowl and hope for a win until we can next cheer our beloved Drew Brees!:D

Same here for mine. For me, at least it wasn't Atlanta!! I HATE the Falcons. I don't know that I've forgiven Bobby Hebert for going there still!! :lol: