Menu

Uno Rule Question ??

I went online and printed off the official rules to this game, and I still have one question.

Over the weekend we played this game with a couple other families of kids and we had lots of arguing over the rules.

I found all the answers except- if you laid down a DRAW TWO card, the next person has to pick up 2 cards AND miss his turn

OR Can he laid down another DRAW TWO card and have the next player draw four cards?

Same with the WILD DRAW FOUR cards...

Thanks for your help. :)

The way I always played as a kid was that if you had to draw 2 or draw 4, then that was your turn. But I have played with other friends and family that say after you draw you still need to 'discard' and that discard can be anything you want as long as it follows the other rules of the game.

hum... So does anyone play like this?

Player 1- lays down a draw two

Player 2- doesn't pick up anything but lays down another Draw Two

Player 3- has to pick up 4 cards, and miss his turn.

Yes, that's the way my family plays. Player 3 could even add another Draw 2 and make it 6 for player 4! I'm not sure if this is an official or "house" rule though. Everyone I played with played this way.

Depends on the version we are playing...

Normal UNO. You draw two and lose your turn.

Killer UNO. You can stack the deck. Someone plays a Draw Two and you have one, play it. The next person draws four UNLESS they also have a Draw Two. If they play it, the next person draws SIX and so on and on. LOL.

Depends on the version we are playing...

Normal UNO. You draw two and lose your turn.

Killer UNO. You can stack the deck. Someone plays a Draw Two and you have one, play it. The next person draws four UNLESS they also have a Draw Two. If they play it, the next person draws SIX and so on and on. LOL.

We always played the "normal" way, but the "killer UNO" sounds like fun! :D

We play that the person draws two and misses their turn. (Or rather, their turn is picking up.) If another draw card is laid on top it doesn't stack, it's just another draw of two or four.

However, we play Crazy 8s with miss your turn and stacking.

My kids would love killer Uno! Though I can't imagine how they'd deal with all those cards!!

The official rules state that the next player draws 2 and forfeits his turn.

But it's so fun to have your own way of doing it. Just like in Monopoly - we like to put $500 and any "tax" money under the Free Parking square. If you land on it, you get all the money. Also, if any of us roll "snake eyes" (2 ones) you get one bill from each bank stack. It makes the game last longer and not so boring, lol.

Just like in Monopoly - we like to put $500 and any "tax" money under the Free Parking square. If you land on it, you get all the money. Also, if any of us roll "snake eyes" (2 ones) you get one bill from each bank stack. It makes the game last longer and not so boring, lol.

Makes the game last longer??? Don't you normally have to clear 10 hours off your schedule for a single game of Monopoly? I don't think I've ever in my 37 years of life been able to finish a game of Monopoly. They last sooo long!

We play that the person draws two and misses their turn. (Or rather, their turn is picking up.) If another draw card is laid on top it doesn't stack, it's just another draw of two or four.

The official rules state that the next player draws 2 and forfeits his turn.

:iagree: With both. I believe the official rule is that the player has to draw two, and that is his turn. He can't play (discard) another card. A common house rule is, as mentioned, to play another Draw 2 card and that makes 4 for the next person, and so on. That's the way we normally play.

So how about Crazy Uno? That's where you start out playing "normal" (including the house rule where you can stack Draw 2s and Draw 4s), but then if you have the exact same card that has just been played, if you're fast enough, you can play your card even if it's not your turn. If you're successful--meaning the person who's turn it rightfully is doesn't succeed in playing a card before you, or you beat out anyone else with an identical card--then the play continues to your left, as it would if it had been your turn. You just skipped everyone between the "rightful" player and yourself. :D