Menu

Tramp from ToysRUs-Should I be there at 5?

I just had to click on here to see what tramp you were talking about:tongue_smilie:

Be prepared to be disappointed with the trampoline. Alot of these stores will only have 5 of the sale items in stock and offer no rainchecks. I hate when they do that nonsense. Even if you wait outside you might not get what you want. But good luck if you are going. Borrow someone's football or hockey equipment to do battle. I stay away from black Friday sales like the plague. I do my black Friday shopping online.

I do not like shopping on Black Friday-we've been watching for a trampoline and the price is just right. But if Walmart has some too should I go there instead?? All the ads say "quantity limited"-does that mean they will have 4 or 40?

If getting there at 4 am makes a difference then I guess I can do that. It'll give me great mama-martyr stories to guilt my children with for the next few years. :glare:

Jennifer

:iagree::iagree::iagree: 100%. My friend and I are headed out at 5AM tomorrow for a sale that opens at 6am. You gotta get there early.

How does it work? Do I rush the doors at 5 am and push back to the trampoline aisle and throw myself on top of it? Will I get a ticket to take to the front? Most importantly, how cold am I going to be standing out in the dark tomorrow?

Just checked-low of 28 overnight.

Wish me luck.

Jennifer

How does it work? Do I rush the doors at 5 am and push back to the trampoline aisle and throw myself on top of it? .

Jennifer

You know, if we were both still in SA, I almost think about going with you just to see that! LOL!

Actually what's really scary is that if we were still both in SA, you'd probably try talking me into coming with you! You'd get me at a moment of weakness (while I was drinking the starbucks you had just brought me!) and like an idiot, I'd probably agree! LOL!

Now I don't doubt you'll get up and go tomorrow, but I know the conversation you'll be having with yourself when the alarm goes off. "Do we really need to get this on sale THIS badly? What if I just don't order from amazon for a few weeks???"

Have fun! The bounce girls will love it! And you're already ahead of me. I don't have a clue as to what to get crazy boy! Any suggestions would be appreciated! Take a poll. See what the girls say!

Call me tomorrow and tell me how it goes!

A Walmart cashier told me that I should just shop online and get in-store delivery for free. Doubt you can get those "doorbuster" prices, though. Although I tend to doubt that most people will get them anyway. There are lots of articles out there right now telling consumers how they are just a bait-and-switch con job.

Mission accomplished.

Woke up at 3:30 and was at ToysRUs by 4. No line outside since the store had opened at midnight. Someone told me people started lining up by 8 or 9pm to get in at midnight to get a Wii or ZhuZhu pet. Went back and picked up my ticket and wandered around until I could check out at 5am. Home and back in bed by 5:30. All in all, a very pleasant experience.

Now, I know pride is a sin, but I have to admit I felt a little smug (and sad) when I heard the ladies behind me in line talk about how they had to call their credit card companies Wednesday night to increase their limits. When I stepped up to pay I pulled a battered manila envelope out of my purse filled with 10's and 5's we've been stashing away all year. It was a great feeling!

Jennifer

PS Renthead Mommy-you WOULD have gone with me and we would have a ton of fun!

Mission accomplished.

Woke up at 3:30 and was at ToysRUs by 4. No line outside since the store had opened at midnight. Someone told me people started lining up by 8 or 9pm to get in at midnight to get a Wii or ZhuZhu pet. Went back and picked up my ticket and wandered around until I could check out at 5am. Home and back in bed by 5:30. All in all, a very pleasant experience.

Now, I know pride is a sin, but I have to admit I felt a little smug (and sad) when I heard the ladies behind me in line talk about how they had to call their credit card companies Wednesday night to increase their limits. When I stepped up to pay I pulled a battered manila envelope out of my purse filled with 10's and 5's we've been stashing away all year. It was a great feeling!

Jennifer

PS Renthead Mommy-you WOULD have gone with me and we would have a ton of fun!

But here's the difference - we wouldn't have been home at 5:30. We would have wondered around, gone to DD for 'coffee' and then you would have gone home and gone to bed. I would have gone home where people would be waking up which then means I wouldn't get to go back to sleep!

So while you were there did you come up with any good ideas to get Collin???