Menu

Not kidding: have you bought a toilet that you LOVE?

I haven't installed it yet, hopefully this weekend (we're in the middle of a bathroom reno) but I've got great hopes for my Toto Ultramax.

http://www.terrylove.com/crtoilet.htm

If you go for Toto, most of the people on the discussion boards say to also cough up the small extra for the sanigloss. We also got the elongated bowl.

For the other bathroom, depending on how the bank account looks it'll either be another Toto Ultramax or the Toto Drake - as far as I can tell it's the same mechanism etc but the Drake is two-piece whereas the Ultramax is all one piece.

I know waaaaaay too much about toilets at the moment. And drywall. And hardi backer board. And grouting techniques. And plumbing. Etc etc etc.... :D

I haven't installed it yet, hopefully this weekend (we're in the middle of a bathroom reno) but I've got great hopes for my Toto Ultramax.

A Toto is what Whoopie talked about:D and how she loved her toilet seat warmed one... She talked on and on about it...:lol::lol::lol:

Carrie:tongue_smilie:

If you go for Toto, most of the people on the discussion boards say to also cough up the small extra for the sanigloss. We also got the elongated bowl.

This is what we have. We have one with the elongated bowl and one without. We prefer the elongated bowl. It is lower in water usage but flushes better than other low water toilets. I don't know if it is standard but our seat slowly lowers on its own (after you get it started). I often forget about that when I'm going to use a standard toilet and the seat will crash down! Our family spent a lot of time flushing and watching the toilet seat lower when we first got it! (We watched the spin cycle on our new front load washing machine too. . . We are easily amused!)

The only advice I have is to clean it regularly. I got behind once when I was particularly ill and it stained. Pumice just scratched it and made the stain turn blue.

Ours actually was a mid-level one from Lowes. It's a low flush and does the job without multiple flushes. I have no idea the brand, sorry. Now I will say I loved it the moment it was installed (we did two baths at the same time) because it was neither avocado green nor harvest gold, it was white. Dh and I actually stood in the doorway of the bath and said a few WOWs over how much difference the color made.

We redid this bathroom last year and I *love* this toilet-it uses much less water, we NEVER have to flush twice, and best of all, it's very quiet. If I'm not mistaken, you can choose the shape (round vs. elongated) and the height within that model. It's far better than the crappy toilet we had before-LOL-sorry!

Kohler. Comfort Height! It's only about an inch and a half taller, but it makes a huge difference!

We got the complete kit from Lowe's. It includes the tank, the bowl, and the seat. It costs less than the fancy ones, but it works better. We bought one fancy Kohler because I wanted it to match the pedestal sink in the powder room. But it clogs way too often. The less fancy ones (of which we bought two) never clog. They self-clean really well, iykwim. Oh, and I really like the elongated bowl.

Anyway, Kohler complete toilet set, comfort height.

We installed the same toilets throughout when we built our house - American Standard. I think we got them at Home Depot - they were not the cheapest though. They were the ones that were advertised as no-clog, and true to their word, we have not had a toilet clog in the three years we have been using them. They are a little higher than a standard toilet and have an elongated bowl.

(We had been in a rental prior to this and had clogging problems every few days. We never wanted to use a plunger or toilet snake again, and these new toilets have saved us from that agony - and plumber bills!).

Well, good and bad. We have the American Standard - Champion. DH loves it because it NEVER clogs (we have 6dc, 5 of which are boys - nuff said), BUT it does have problems with a leaky valve which causes it to run too much. (I still wouldnt trade it!)

DH says that the company is aware of the problem and that they sent him the repair kit for each toilet, free.

HTH!

I love my Jacuzzi Perfecta. Small, smooth so it is easy to clean and it has 2 stage flushing. The don't mention it, but a quick pump of the handle gives enough for liquid and a few squares of paper. Push down the handle and hold it down for 3 seconds and you get twice as much water. My sewer is expensive, so saving water helps.