Menu

With gratitude...

It is amazing that we have come this far in the process. (More amazing that I survived the CSS Profile without having a stroke. Anyone who has BTDT will appreciate this comment.)

I need to make a public announcement of the profound gratitude that I feel toward many of you here on the WTM board. We would not be where we are today in the college application process without Kareni holding my hand. She is wonderful!

Nor would I be as confident of a homeschooler without Nan and Michelle keeping me sane, while Gwen and Janice have been never-ending sources of inspiration on this board.

It is a tricky business to start mentioning names since I have no intention of offending the rest of you who have helped me, inspired me, kept me on track, and made me laugh out loud on a regular basis. Despite the morning hour, I will lift a virtual champagne class (well, mug of coffee) in a toast to all of you.

Thank you, thank you. May you have an enjoyable day with your loved ones and reap immense pleasure from the goodness that you have sown.

:grouphug:

Jane

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone!!

I can't imagine what this jouney would be like without the support of everyone here. I'm so thankful for all the creative ideas, guidance and for those who have gone before me to show me it is possible to have a happily ever after ending.

I say we should all eat lots of pie today!

:iagree: Me too!! I am so thankful for you all...

~~Faithe

:iagree: To all the above.

I am so grateful to have such a supportive community that inspires me to keep going and to do better each day.

I have to share that we did a home school archaeological dig last night and discovered, *gasp* an actual dining table in the dining room!! Guess we have a place to eat today after all!

What a lovely sentiment to read on Thanksgiving Day, Jane!

Thanks to all here. You are truly my homeschooling support community.

And a big thank you to Susan Wise Bauer without whom this board, the support here, and new friendships would not have been made possible.

Regards,

Kareni

No one in my homeschooling community had continued into high school. This board was my *only* source for information and encouragement. I don't post a ton, but I read a lot, and almost everything we've ended up using in high school was discovered here.

I'm thankful to the Lord for his provision, to SWB and her colleagues for their far-sightedness, and to all of your for your gracious gift of shared wisdom.

My profound thanks and gratitude, too!

And thank you Jane, for the gift of the Lial's Algebra 2 book. How generous! And I also think of, and thank, Devon, no longer physically with us, for both the books and encouragement with which she gifted me in earlier years of homeschooling.

And all of you wonderful ladies, who just through your presence on this board, your helpful advice and experience, your encouragement, have kept me going into homeschooling high school. While I am blessed with a large and encouraging home school group for junior/senior high students locally for social and leadership opportunities for our sons, no one else locally is attempting a semi-classical education, nor has a student with learning issues. It has been you ladies who have helped me persevere -- just being able to log on daily and know you are all in the midst of this great work alongside me, all across the country and around the world.

Thanks you SWB, for your great generosity in providing us all with this place to be encouraged and informed!

Happy Thanksgiving, my dear homeschooling family! Warmest regards, Lori D.

Thank you for starting this thread. I wasn't on yesterday--:ohmy: unbelievable!

I am very grateful to all who post on this board. Some of you take so much time to share your thoughts. Thank you for being so generous with your time and your thoughtfulness.

You are all a great inspiration and an incredible support system.:grouphug:

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

Maury

Couldn't have said it better myself, Jane! Thanks to all of you wonderful ladies! Like Jane and Blue Hen and others, I'm facing the college application process right now with my oldest, and I'm finding it a minefield of surprises at times. I hope to get started on the financial aid/merit scholarship forms today for two of the schools she's applying towards (gulp!) and the infamous CSS.

I'm thankful we all have this place to vent, cry on each other's shoulders, and get encouragement. You all are wonderful (or, in my native Minnesota, "You guys are great")!

:grouphug:

(better late than never since I'm hardly ever on)

I appreciate the possibility for all these conversations across time-zones and oceans - thanks first to Susan (WB).

And then to all of you for all the hours logged, and the normally respectful (on this board) attitudes and freedom to post dissenting opinions and observations. It is so important to be challenged in my way of seeing something, when my perspective is not large enough and my experience limited. Then there is the host of materials presented for high school that I have almost no access to over here.

Before I was gleaning from catalogues which are either too large or tend to have an agenda that is not always easily discernable. While some of those were great anyway, most of them had little variety to offer for the upper grades. And none of them, understandably, were promoting out of print books for math which I have come to love.

So...mille mercis (many thanks),

Joan