Menu

Why would people plant

hundreds of white and clear plastic forks in their front yard? :confused: This afternoon, my daughters and I drove by a house with literally hundreds of forks with the handle side down in the dirt covering the front yard. It was a strange sight to behold! It looked as if the forks were planted in the ground. I'm wondering if this is a variation of TPing someone's yard. Any thoughts?

Ann

hundreds of white and clear plastic forks in their front yard? :confused: This afternoon, my daughters and I drove by a house with literally hundreds of forks with the handle side down in the dirt covering the front yard. It was a strange sight to behold! It looked as if the forks were planted in the ground. I'm wondering if this is a variation of TPing someone's yard. Any thoughts?

Ann

Yep.

It's easier to clean up the forks than the TP. Or so I've been told.

Guest Alte Veste Academy
Yep - they got "forked"

Hmmm. Or had their lawn aerated for free! I've paid for that service before.

Thinking... thinking... who can I irritate for a free aeration? :lol:

Our youth group "flamingos" people's yards. They literally cover the whole yard with pink plastic flamingos. Then they leave a note that if you want the flamingos moved to another yard, you can call a number and for a small donation, the youth group will re-plant the flamingos in the yard of a person of your choice. It's pretty funny.

This is only done to members of our church or people known to the youth group kids, not total strangers. Maybe some youth group is using forks cuz they are cheaper?

I got forked when I was in high school. When they did mine they put the forks in tines down and then took a jar of Vaseline and dipped it over the handles to coat them. Yeah. Nice.

The same kids (on the same night) wrote "Hi, Mrs. Finley and Erin" (mom was an 8th grade English teacher all the neighborhood kids had, including me!) in shaving cream on our driveway, brought about 50 campaign signs from all over the neighborhood and stuck them in our lawn and ... the pièce de résistance ... took slices of baloney and stuck them to all our lower windows. This was in Anchorage, AK, in the winter. The baloney froze and I had to pry it off the windows with a spatula.

Good times.

I got forked when I was in high school. When they did mine they put the forks in tines down and then took a jar of Vaseline and dipped it over the handles to coat them. Yeah. Nice.

The same kids (on the same night) wrote "Hi, Mrs. Finley and Erin" (mom was an 8th grade English teacher all the neighborhood kids had, including me!) in shaving cream on our driveway, brought about 50 campaign signs from all over the neighborhood and stuck them in our lawn and ... the pièce de résistance ... took slices of baloney and stuck them to all our lower windows. This was in Anchorage, AK, in the winter. The baloney froze and I had to pry it off the windows with a spatula.

Good times.

I have to admire that kind of creativity, though. Did your mom give them a major creative writing assignment/exam/term paper for revenge?

My friends and I flamingoed the yard of one of the girls' fathers for his 50th birthday. We've also done such things as putting bubble wrap through an entire house, putting 103 rubber ducks all over someone's yard, used window markers on van windows, etc. It's a birthday prank tradition!

Yeah --they did that late one night in college --somebody with connections in the cafeteria stole nearly all of the cafeteria's forks and planted them all over campus.

Those who weren't observant enough to notice the forks all over campus noticed that morning when breakfast was served with plastic forks...:001_rolleyes:.

OK, now that I read this, my intial thought makes no sense. lol I've never hear of forking, but I know that a way to make silverware and plates kosher is to cover them in dirt for a time.

But that's not this, right?

You may want to follow that advice up with a rabbi. I cannot for the life of me see how burying something in dirt can turn it kosher.

Was somebody pulling your leg? :lol:

about revenge...We were forked several years ago by some of our favorite hooligans.

For graduation presents they all received those forks, which I saved, embedded in dirt in a shoe box. Their cards were underneath it all.

Just last weekend was the wedding of the last hooligan. Guess what he and his poor wife opened as a gift form us? His family approached us before the wedding to make sure we hadn't forgot:001_smile:.

I think it was as much fun for them getting the forks back in unique ways as it was sticking them in our yard in the first place. It was good, clean fun.

You may want to follow that advice up with a rabbi. I cannot for the life of me see how burying something in dirt can turn it kosher.

Was somebody pulling your leg? :lol:

No. lol. Although I can't tell you how burying is a way of kashering. I have known people to stick utensils into flower or herbs pots on the counter if they got mixed up. Maybe it's an old wives tale, but I have seen people do this.

Although I don't think plastic and kashering go to together.

Edited by LibraryLover

about revenge...We were forked several years ago by some of our favorite hooligans.

For graduation presents they all received those forks, which I saved, embedded in dirt in a shoe box. Their cards were underneath it all.

Just last weekend was the wedding of the last hooligan. Guess what he and his poor wife opened as a gift form us? His family approached us before the wedding to make sure we hadn't forgot:001_smile:.

I think it was as much fun for them getting the forks back in unique ways as it was sticking them in our yard in the first place. It was good, clean fun.

I love it!

Good times.

LOL, Hanshew ?? We did this way back ( 1986 ) , I think I am older than you. Can't be the same Mrs. Finley.