Menu

What do 40-something ladies wear to a concert?

I manage a concert hall, so while I've worked probably a thousand concerts, I haven't attended one just for fun for about 20 years. I'm going to hear Lyle Lovett. What do old ladies wear to hear Lyle Lovett? This is the Pacific Northwest. I've seen men at the opera house in jeans and Birkenstock sandals. I'm thinking my cute jeans are okay. Yes? No?

Dang, now I want boots. I have cute shoes, but no boots. And I have new camis and a cute new blouse.

I just remembered! The last concert I went to was Bruce Cockburn. (Um, not pronounced as it looks.) 1987. I don't get out enough.

And it's so exciting that I don't have to be responsible for lights or sound!

So, see! I was not excited until y'all helped me with the clothing dilemma. Thanks!

I wore jeans when I went to see George Jones. I do recommend comfortable shoes because we had to wait in line a long time to get in and then get to the seating area. And yes, old ladies can definitely wear Uggs. As a matter of fact, I can't think of a better boot for an old lady. I am amazed that young people wear them because they look like something that is made strictly for comfort not style.

It is allowed, but not recommended.

Oh man! I was totally contemplating a pair of Bear Paws to keep my feeties warm this winter. I don't think they go well with boot-cut jeans though.

And yes, for Lyle Lovett, anything dressier than jeans would probably be inappropriate :D

I manage a concert hall, so while I've worked probably a thousand concerts, I haven't attended one just for fun for about 20 years. I'm going to hear Lyle Lovett. What do old ladies wear to hear Lyle Lovett? This is the Pacific Northwest. I've seen men at the opera house in jeans and Birkenstock sandals. I'm thinking my cute jeans are okay. Yes? No?

I'm 41. We went to a Billy Talent concert over the summer. I have a pair of excellent leather jeans that show off my umm... asset well. :D I wore that and a cute t-shirt.

:iagree:

They are just fine for snuggly house shoes, though.

Not ime! I was at the market once, and a couple of college girls (I live in a college town) came up to me and gasped "Thos eboots are so awesome! WHere did you get them???"

So, I dunno. Maybe they didn't think I was over 40. Either way, it was all good.