Menu

World Of Warcraft Dragon Cake (pics!)

... I really had no idea what I was doing on this one! :lol:

If that is a product of "no idea what I was doing" than you must produce some spectacular cakes when you do have an idea. That is fabulous work! :thumbup1: How long did it take you to do that?

How did you make that? Inquiring minds want to know.

I covered the cake board in scrapbook paper, tore a hole in part of it, and cut and glued a printed out WOW logo peeking out of the tear. Then I covered the board in contact paper. I figured out the shape by drawing what I wanted on pieces of printer paper and laying them out on the board. Then I could tell where I wanted the "crystal ball" to be, and I used superglue to affix it to the board. IMHO, every dragon needs some sort of spherical, sparkly something.

I baked 3 cakes in my pyrex baking dishes, filled each with chocolate filling, and crumb coated each in blue buttercream. This would take care of the body, tail, and hind legs. Then I made a bunch of rice krispie treats and used that mixture to form the front legs, head, and neck. Coated those in buttercream as well.

Made a huge batch of blue marshmallow fondant and rolled it out and let the kiddos use the small oval cutter to make scales and hand them to me so I could attach them to the body.

Got the whole thing covered, and realized no self-respecting dragon arrives without wings, so I made a wing pattern and used candy melts to form those.

Prayed. Prayed. Prayed. Especially during transport.

And somehow it came together!!! :tongue_smilie:

I could write more on this topic,but I am supposed to be making 80 mini-wedding cake cookie favors and they need to have icing on them by midnight so they can dry......:crying: Tired. Need sleep. Did I mention DD's eardrum ruptured this week? There, now you know. :tongue_smilie:

Any thoughts on what I should charge for this? Materials ran about $50. I hate figuring the bill.

Edited by Melissa in St Louis
exhaustion