Menu

OOPS -- Forgot a Bible Curriculum...need suggestions

MariannNOVA

Anyone have suggestions for a quick, Bible curriculum -- the kids are going to Sunday School and their program is a good one, and I would just like a really low maintenance Bible curriculum so they will have a memory verse and we have a short discussion.

HMMMMMMMMM...................................I'm listening:bigear:

TIA:001_smile:

Amy: I love this! I can definitely see our family using the Millers and this and everyone being thrilled with both!

Thanks -- I am also SO into 'free sample lessons' :hurray::hurray::hurray:

G-d bless --

We're using Bible Study Guide for All Ages.

We almost went with Through the Bible with My Child. You can buy in on Amazon for around $15, or he's also provided the entire book for free at the link I posted. An acquaintance wrote it for use with his own children, and it looks really good.

Thank you -- I am going to check out both! I am a former classroom teacher in a Christian school and I had no idea there was so much out there -- well, let me rephrase: I did know there was so much out there, but the few mentioned are excellent, and I wish I had been able to use them in the classroom with my students!

Thanks again!:001_smile:

We almost went with Through the Bible with My Child. You can buy in on Amazon for around $15, or he's also provided the entire book for free at the link I posted. An acquaintance wrote it for use with his own children, and it looks really good.

Wow! This is very generous of him to share this resource freely. I like the look of it. Thanks for sharing!

Classical Academic Press (the folks that do Latin for Children) have a really well thought out program called Bible for Children. I believe they have two books out so far. It is not as light as you are asking for, but it is PERFECT for 8-year-olds. And fine for the 10-year-olds, too. As I recall, it is themed around the different names for God in the Bible and what that tells us about Him. It has memory verses, crosswords, a memory page and a test each chapter. It is kind of set up like Latin for Children, with built-in review.

I wish we all lived closer so you could just look at mine!

Julie

A lot of people have recommended the free online Calvary Chapel curriculum. It has 325 lessons for the OT and NT and I think is also available in Spanish. You can even call FireFighters For Christ and they will send this to you on a CD for free as well.

http://children.calvarychapel.com/site/curriculum.htm

NEW SPANISH RESOURCES - UPDATED 12/1/04

All 325 lessons of both the Old and New Testament will be available for download or viewing and printing off this Web site in Spanish.

A CD-ROM of this entire site is available free of charge by writing or calling either:

FireFighters For Christ

#4 Santa Maria

Foothill Ranch, CA 92610

949-470-9883

FireFighters For Christ

30151 Banderas Ave. Suite B

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688

949-600-6025

Liz

Our children loved to be read to...if you have children like that, I think for the first few years simply reading/re-reading Catherine Vos' A Child's Story Bible along with Victor's Journey through the Bible are excellent sources and since Vos' is chronological..it meant a lot to me as their mom to have those discussions....I had read the Bible through 2x in the past...reading a chronological narrative of the Bible brought so much more meaning to my earlier readings....the kids get a great concept of how much God loves us...

Tara

Just to add another suggestion, we are using Memoria Press's Christian Studies. This is our third and final year. It's a three year tour through the Bible. You can tailor it to meet your time and inclination. It's designed for the Golden Children's Bible which I like for getting the children to remember the story. You can use any Bible, though. Each week is a different memory verse. There are questions that you can just discuss orally or have them write down. It's a very versatile program. The maps are not that great so we don't do that small part. We used to do it two days a week, now we just do it one day a week (read and discuss/answer questions on same day), it takes maybe 30-45 minutes.

Hope you find one you like! :)