Menu

New Kitchenaid mixer...tried and true black or a funky colour? Best choice?

If I were to purchase a new Kitchenaid, would it be foolish to go with a cool retro colour like Pistachio, or should I stick with black...a colour that will stand the test of time? I LOVE the funky colours but have to wonder if I'll regret it 10 years from now (btw, black would match my stove and dishwasher).

Opinions?

Oh boy, a new Kitchenaid! I like the silver/pewter color I think it looks professional and would match stainless steel appliances. But more than the color I'd want the 5 quart with the stand still arm. I've heard they hold up a lot better. Have fun mixer shopping!

I ended up choosing the matte grey and I still love it (8 years later). They only had black, white, blue and red as other choices then.

If I was upgrading, I'd get grass green or go CRAZY and get the copper, which is too pretty to even use!

Have fun~

Dawanna

I love trendy colors but these mixers aren't cheap - I'd go for something you know you'll always be able to coordinate with. If you always lean toward greens then green should stand the test of time but don't get red if you think you may someday want to paint your kitchen purple (just an example - please nobody try to tell me purple and red go well together :)

I have mustard and sage colored dishes and my kitchen is yellow. My dishes are visable via a glass door cabinet. When I think about repainting my kitchen I feel trapped because of the dishes - kwim? When I think about a trendy color I just remember how I hated my grandmother's avacado appliances and I am cured of temptation.

My mixer is white. I wish it were stainless - but the white one is easy to keep clean and sparkly and I know it will always look nice.

How would you feel now if you had one that was dusty rose or blue from the eighties? That is how you will feel about the color of this one in the future...but it will take many years before you get to that point.

I would go with a color you love (not to match anything in particular) or with a basic color (not black-black appliances always look dirty to me).

I vote for FUNKY! I *LOVE* color and have a ton of it in my house. NO mute tones here. :D My funky kitchen has black appliances and metallic red everything else (coffee maker, toaster, microwave, cannisters, etc. etc.) I also have a chili pepper theme so all red, yellow, orange and some green are around (mostly red) but I have some roosters thrown in for mom, and I couldn't part with my some of my piggies. I get compliments from the artist types but sometimes it's just too much for conservative New England. :tongue_smilie:

What do they call it? Shabby Chic? I kinda have my own style. :D Far from normal. :D

Go for FUN! Also, with that pistacio color you can get other colors in that TONE and it would look AWESOME. Have you seen those new plastic adirondack chairs that come in peach, pistachio, lemon, pink, etc? All those colors look fabulous together!

Of course, don't get TOO busy.....