Menu

Cow appreciation day - Today free meal at Chick-Fil-A!!

My neighbor and I took 9 kids to the one in the mall for lunch. We were the only ones I saw dressed up. I guess most people were going to the freestanding ones.

My kids and I talked about this. We figured it would be more expensive to make a cow costume than to just purchase the meal. Maybe we're not creative?

It took me two pieces of paper and a little yarn per kid. And a couple crayons. We drew cow spots on paper and hung it around their necks. And we used face paint from our friend to make their noses black.

My kids and I talked about this. We figured it would be more expensive to make a cow costume than to just purchase the meal. Maybe we're not creative?

If you have a printer you can go to cowappreciationday.com and click on starter kit and tape the cut outs on any clothes and you are good to go.

I also saw some teenagers with white tee-shirts and black construction paper spots. The funniest was a mom with four young children under the age of 6. She put white kitchen bags over them, (white head and arm cut outs) and drew some black spots on the bag with a sharpie. They had construction paper ears and tail. So cute!

We figured it would be more expensive to make a cow costume than to just purchase the meal. Maybe we're not creative?

We probably spent more just because we had to buy ink to print our cow masks. We will use the ink soon enough for other stuff. The boys had lots of fun!!

You can see a picture them here

We went to CFA yesterday for lunch and used coupons that my kids got from VBS. Our whole meal was only $4.52!!!

They gave us these cow headbands and told us if we came in today wearing those, we'd get a free entree; or we could dress up like cows and get a free combo meal.

We didn't make it over there today, though. I bet it would have been fun to see all the people that dressed up. :)

Just show up at your local Chick-Fil-A dressed as a cow, and you'll receive a free meal. We just got back from lunch and it was so fun!

The have a cow costume kit online if you are pressed for time. My kids decided to make their own costumes and they turned out so cute.

You can check the details at http://www.cowappreciationday.com

Thank you for telling us about this. It was fun. We made black spots (construction paper) and stuck them on our shirts. We had ears and tails. It was a silly fun thing to do on a Friday night when you're broke and bored.

I was impressed that we could have any of the meals!

We saw a few other folks dressed up.

I will do this again next year - it was so fun.

And how sad am I that this was the most fun i have had in forever?!

At their site it said that all you needed was spots on a t-shirt for a free sandwhich. Ears and a tail will get a free meal.

No big investment needed. We used black construction paper for spots and ears and an old pillowcase to make the tails.

Thank you for telling us about this. It was fun. We made black spots (construction paper) and stuck them on our shirts. We had ears and tails. It was a silly fun thing to do on a Friday night when you're broke and bored.

I was impressed that we could have any of the meals!

We saw a few other folks dressed up.

I will do this again next year - it was so fun.

And how sad am I that this was the most fun i have had in forever?!

I can totally relate to that! I thought the same thing - something fun to do with no money, etc. I even convinced my mom to join us. Then the Chick-Fil-A official cow showed up. He made my mom cry because my oldest ds used to be the cow when he worked at CFA. He is in Iraq and we all miss him. It just caught my mom off guard and her emotions got her. I gotta say when the cow walked up behind me and leaned on my shoulder - it caught ME off guard too because my ds used to always lean on me too. He is way taller than me and he would weigh me down. For a second, my mind raised and I had to tell myself he wasn't here. So, it was nice, but bittersweet too.

There's no reason to spend money on it. We just wore shirts we already had (dh and ds wore white t-shirts, dd wore a white polo shirt, and I wore a black t-shirt), and we used paper and tape to make spots, etc. I drew noses on the kids with eye-liner (though washable markers works fine for that too). None of the people we saw were wearing anything fancier than paper stuck to their clothes, or maybe the paper cow-head visors that CFA had given out previously.

As Karen said, it's a great family entertainment for no money at all. :)

We even saw a couple of very cute baby and toddler "cows". :)