Menu

Is there a Bible curriculum like this or do I need to make it myself? lol

ChristusG

I'm looking for a Bible curriclulum for my kindergartener for this coming year. I want it to be very kid friendly, of course, so she can understand it. I want it to have a daily Bible story/lesson, some questions for comprehension, and some sort of activity to do. Maybe it's a worksheet to color, maybe a craft, maybe an activity we can do together. It would be great if it is full color, but doesnt have to be.

I really like the Explorer's Bible Study, but there's no activities with it. I have looked and looked for a Bible curriculum like I'm trying to find, but haven't had any success.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! I'm starting to think I'll just have to put together my own.

I haven't seen a program that fits your description, but if you decide to strike out on your own how about...

Egermeier's Bible Story Book for the lesson. It has questions in the back for each story that you can discuss.

For coloring pages, there are plenty of free ones available for a large number of the stories from Calvary Chapel.

For a break from coloring pages, there are lots of craft links and ideas here that I've used for that age range.

HTH

I really enjoyed doing this book with my K ds this year.

http://www.positiveaction.org/pages/htmlos/59214.1.2186949892168721247

The teacher's manual has lesson plan for various number of days a week, the lesson (usually over 2 days), extra stories about the moral of the lesson, character trait activities, and sometimes extra coloring pages. The student book is very colorful with a good variety of activities (coloring, mazes, dot-to-dot, matching, cut and paste, etc.). It's an overview of all the major bible stories.

I will see if my friend's curriculum, Names of God, is available on Cd-r yet.

It's a great course for K (and 1st, too) that she wrote. Prestonwood Christian School in Plano, TX uses it for their K curriculum.

Basically, every few weeks a new Name is introduced, using three stories in little books (paper books, not in color but line drawn so you could either color them or have your child color them). The first story is made up and introduces the name. The second is from the first use of the Name in the OT, and the third is a NT story that is about Jesus. There are great activities for each week, memory verses on sheets to color and keep in a notebook, and the kids are encouraged to keep a prayer journal.

For example, one week talks about Alpha and Omega. The story is about an ice cream shop owner who needed help in the morning and in the evening. He hires Alpha in the am and Omega to close up shop. He has to let one go after a while, and realizes he needs them both. Alpha is there at the beginning of the day and knows all the customers by name, and Omega knows just how to close out the register and make everything(I'm not doing the story justice here, and a little worried about not telling her original story over the net! lol) You make ice cream as the activity with cans, ice, salt, etc. At the end of every Name "chapter," you make a banner with symbols from the 3 stories to help you remember them.

It's so much fun, and really attractive. I am trying to get her to market it to the homeschool crowd. She gave me a copy for free, all printed off. It was wonderful, and my dd fell in love with Jesus because of it.

Edited by Chris in VA

It's a great course for K (and 1st, too) that she wrote. Prestonwood Christian School in Plano, TX uses it for their K curriculum.

Basically, every few weeks a new Name is introduced, using three stories in little books (paper books, not in color but line drawn so you could either color them or have your child color them). The first story is made up and introduces the name. The second is from the first use of the Name in the OT, and the third is a NT story that is about Jesus. There are great activities for each week, memory verses on sheets to color and keep in a notebook, and the kids are encouraged to keep a prayer journal.

For example, one week talks about Alpha and Omega. The story is about an ice cream shop owner who needed help in the morning and in the evening. He hires Alpha in the am and Omega to close up shop. He has to let one go after a while, and realizes he needs them both. Alpha is there at the beginning of the day and knows all the customers by name, and Omega knows just how to close out the register and make everything(I'm not doing the story justice here, and a little worried about not telling her original story over the net! lol) You make ice cream as the activity with cans, ice, salt, etc. At the end of every Name "chapter," you make a banner with symbols from the 3 stories to help you remember them.

It's so much fun, and really attractive. I am trying to get her to market it to the homeschool crowd. She gave me a copy for free, all printed off. It was wonderful, and my dd fell in love with Jesus because of it.

I'd be interested in this for my dd's. Please let me know if it's available.

Thanks.

Guest April F

Have you looked at My ABC Bible Verse or Leading Little Ones to God? They are pretty similar. They have a bible verse, a short explanation of the bible verse, then a story to explain how the verse relates to everyday life, and then questions about the story. I am doing the ABC Bible Verse with my dc and I will move on to Leading Little ones when I am finished with it. They have everything except the activity, but if you were willing to make your own curriculum, I am sure you can come up with some activity to go along with each days lesson.

I second the Bible Study Guide for all Ages, using the workbook. The workbooks have one side where the child colors the bible story in a comic strip form of sorts, and then the other side has questions and a life lesson pertaining to the bible reading to be colored. We used it for a while last year and would be doing it now if it weren't packed up in our storage building.

I would be interested in this if it becomes available.

Jan

I would recommend Bible Study Guide for All Ages (BSGFAA) or Lamp and Quill. With ether you choose what version of the Bible you read out of, so you could easily use a reader version like the NIrV, if you want something more simple. Lamp and quill have activities/crafts packages and coloring pictures as well as the same sort of activity pages that BSGFAA has.

Heather

Thank you all so much for your suggestions!!

I just researched each suggestion and have found what we want to use. We became a member of www.daniellesplace.com and the Resource Room. They have all sorts of printable crafts, bible stories, cards, verses, etc that I can print from home and put together my own lesson. I'll pre-print everything, cut out what needs to be cut, and put all supplies and instructions and in an envelope and label the Bible story on the front. Then I can just grab the one for that day and get started on it.

Thanks so much everyone!