Menu

Cutco knife recommendation.

Does anyone use a Cutco knife that they can't live without???

I would like to help out a neighbor in need and buy a knife from her. I already own 3 Henckel knives that I use everyday: 8" chef, 4" paring and a 6" utility knife. I can't think out what else I need.

Any suggestions??

Well, I grew up with the Cutco "little sharp knife," as it was called in my family. It's the little, sliver-handled paring knife. I tell ya, that thing stayed sharp for YEARS, and I rue the day I lost mine. It was kind of a right of passage for me to get my own!

So, I'd get a few if I could find someone selling them and had a few extra bucks. They make great shower gifts, too.

YES--so glad you asked! I use the Spatula Spreader every.single.day.

http://www.cutco.com/products/product.jsp?itemGroup=1768

It cuts AND spreads--hummus, mustard, peanut butter, whatevah. It is AWESOME. AWESOME!! It's the one and only knife you need for lunch.

:cheers2:

ETA: I received mine as a wedding present nearly 12 years ago and have used it almost every day since then. I've never sharpened it, and it's just as sharp now as it was then. Wish I could say the same for myself. :001_huh::D

Edited by laylamcb

Thanks!!! I was so confused because I am a happy Henckel owner and never heard of Cutco.

I think I might get the trimmer and spatula spreader or maybe the paring knife and spatula spreader - decisions, decisions. I really want to help out my neighbor. Her dh walked out on her several weeks ago and she is trying to raise money for trade school tuition by selling knives.

You guys are great!! Now I am getting excited for my new knives.

Um, you may want to handle them. I may be a little compulsive about my knives - and downright angry that Wüsthoff has stopped making mine - but I really, really don't care for the way Cutco knives fit in my hand or how they are balanced.

I'd rather just give her the money and skip the knives. ;)

I love the regular steak knives.

That spreader, I don't use it like I should...

And my husband lost the shears! They come apart for cleaning, so I really, really like them ... he needs to find them asap:glare: