Menu

I listed stuff for sale PayPal only, someone wants it, but said they aren't PP member

MO's are risk-free, aren't they? Can't you accept that?

As long as they're a real MO. I've heard lots of stories about counterfeit ones. I wouldn't know the difference!:D

I've done that before. Just tell them you can't send the items until you get the MO. I usually say PP only just because I like how fast it is. But, if the only offer I get is MO, I'll take it!

Sounds like a plan!

Thanks!

Ask for a Postal Money order. You can cash it at the Post Office before you ship the items out.

Didn't even know the PO did MOs!!

Don't let them send you a money order for more than $30 and tell you to send them change...scamola.

See, that's what I'm always afraid of. Everything these days can be turned into a scam!

Thanks!

Kim

Just make sure that you say the MO has to arrive within x amount of days b/c I've had people swear over and over again they were going to mail/had mailed/had their husband/mother/dog/great-aunt susie's sister's boyfriend's pet rabbit mail the stinkin check. And I never got it. :glare:

Something to consider. I also have not sold quite as cheap when it isn't pp as I have to make a trip to the post office? Just something to consider.

You can actually ship for free from the paypal website even if the transaction is not paypal.

I use it to ship my paperback swap books all the time.

Why? You have to go to the post office to ship anyways, don't you?

No. With paypal you can print label along with postage. It is just deducted from your pp account. You can also get delivery confirmation for less than $.20 instead of around $.80. For me we have one vehicle so the hassle of going to the po is great. Then there is the gas. Plain and simple I want them to pay with pay pal but if they don't I will accept the mo or personal check with package shipped after it clears but it will be a bit more for that.

You can actually ship for free from the paypal website even if the transaction is not paypal.

I use it to ship my paperback swap books all the time.

Could you teach me how to do that? I always just go to the PO. I didn't know you could do that. I don't have a scale though. I guess you have to have that even for media mail?

Thanks!

Has USPS changed things? Last time I used click n ship you can only do priority or express?

:iagree: Right. I asked about that when I dropped off my package at the P.O. and the clerk told me that exact thing.

eta: you can print the label & pay for the postage from either PP or USPS websites, though.

Sheri :)

Edited by SLH in ND

MO's are risk-free, aren't they? Can't you accept that?

Um, no, they are actually not. If a money order is paid for by a check and the check bounces, the money order does too. Weird, huh? Rather defeats the purpose of a money order, as far as I can tell.

As a person who does not have a pp account, I appreciate it when someone will accept a MO. I always specify that I will send a PO/MO and I mail it out promptly and I pay for the MO via debit card or cash. I also comunicate with the seller at each point. That way everyone knows what is going on. To me comunication is the most important thing. Nothing aggrevates me more than trying to buy or sell something and the other party does not respond to pm's or posts to their thread.

I have tried to purchase product from some members that don't comunicate well. When I come across those, I give them ample time to respond and then I move on. It's like a big red flag to me.

Could you teach me how to do that? I always just go to the PO. I didn't know you could do that. I don't have a scale though. I guess you have to have that even for media mail?

Thanks!

Yes, if you print your label from home, you will need a scale. You can get one at Office Max and such places. They are not expensive, go up to 5 pounds, and need not be digital. I also still have a baby scale from when the boys were babies (my mom thought I needed one LOL) which I use for very heavy packages.

If you have an account that accepts credit cards, when you login to paypal, click on "multiorder shipping." (upper left-hand corner).

If not, click on "merchant services" and then "multiorder shipping" and proceed from there.

You will then choose "create"

Last I checked you didn't HAVE to have a Paypal account to pay with a credit card. You could just send a payment without registering an account. Is that a possibility for your customer? I've taken money this way.

Um, no, they are actually not. If a money order is paid for by a check and the check bounces, the money order does too. Weird, huh? Rather defeats the purpose of a money order, as far as I can tell.

My PO will ONLY take cash or debit card for a money order.

Hmmm...maybe that's why people specify "PO money orders ONLY." I did not know you could pay with a check at some locations.