Menu

Skirt wearing in cold weather

I wear capri leggings and knee socks in cold weather. I try to get socks that have a smooth look to them (as opposed to cable socks), and I pull the socks up over the bottom edge of the capri leggings. This keeps me warm and comfortable in bad weather.

My dresses and skirts are casual enough that just about any casual shoe I'd wear with pants looks fine.

I always wear boots with long or short skirts. There is about a 6 week time period in the spring when boots look out of season and it's still cold enough to need socks. I just don't wear skirts then. I have four pairs of boots and they are all more comfortable than my favorite pair of shoes. I have some low heel, some 2 in, some long, some short. I have one pair of Ecco boots for walking long distances and they look great with skirts.

I don't even like shoes....I prefer boots or sandals. :)

~Leanna

I wear knee-high boots with long skirts during that time.

I swear I'm thinking of designing my own clothing line because SOMETHING has to be done about making skirts work in the cold and rainy weather. I can't wear stockings or tights (I do when I absolutely have to, but...), so I'd love to figure out how to get great looking skirts with something warm enough beneath them that I can still walk in.

I do have a knitted straight skirt that I wear under some other skirts and it helps, but it's not good enough.

Anyone want to go into business with me?

I love the look of the Ecco Boots. Are there any other suggestions on casual boots? I have two pairs that are more dressy and not comfortable enough to put on just to go to the grocery store. I am trying to get away from wearing running shoes with everything. I need shoes that are comfortable and look good with skirts. Thanks!

If I could find boots in AAAA-width that did not cost several hundred dollars, I would wear boots in winter ! Meanwhile, I just wear my usual shoes, some of which come from the SAS company. Not "nursing shoes", but very comfortable for an "on-her-feet" woman.

I wear Cuddlduds under my skirts, and when it's REALLY cold (as it gets here!) I add leggins on top of the Cuddlduds!

ETA: Oh, sorry! I didn't realize the question was about shoes! (LOL) I usually just wear the usual slip-ons.

Okay, now you have to provide a link to cuddlduds or post a pic! :lol:

I live in CA and have never heard of Cuddlduds.

I love flannel skirts in the fall and winter, and usually wear tights and my favorite clogs when going outside. The rest of the time I wear thick socks or go barefoot :D. I also made a simple soft white flannel slip to wear underneath on windy, freezing days.

I have a long corduroy skirt, a long moleskin skirt, and a long khaki skirt that all keep the wind out pretty well. I have on my list of "wants" a long denim skirt.

I wear cotton running tights with a pair of socks, heavy cotton ribbed tights, or heavy cotton footless tights and regular socks under them. I also wear a regular slip (keeps the material from riding up the tights).

For shoes I like wearing knee-high lace-up boots, Keen casual tennies, low profile trail shoes or a pair of Earth Shoe clogs with thick wool socks. I really want to get a pair of Dansko clogs. When I'm indoors I wear wool felt clogs.