Menu

Favorite color for leather couch?

Favorite color for leather couch? And would you buy a sofa/loveseat set?  

1. 1. Favorite color for leather couch? And would you buy a sofa/loveseat set?

• Cream
    • Beige
    • Medium brown
    • Chocolate
    • AND...I would buy a sofa/loveseat set
    • I wouldn't buy a sofa/loveseat set
    • Other or I don't like the choices given or I'm not interested so I'll check here!

What color would you be most likely to buy if you were shopping for a leather couch? Also, would you buy a couch & loveseat set? (You can choose more than one answer.)

We have a really old and ugly floral set, and we're thinking of replacing it soon!

Edited by profmom

RED! I would buy red! I'm sitting here on my tan microfiber and regretting not getting the red leather I wanted.

If you're not into bold leather colors, my next choice would be chocolate brown.

I almost forgot: my living room wouldn't hold a sofa and love seat, but IME, try to get either a sofa/love seat set or a sofa/chair set at the same time, so you can match or coordinate colors.

RED! I would buy red! I'm sitting here on my tan microfiber and regretting not getting the red leather I wanted.

If you're not into bold leather colors, my next choice would be chocolate brown.

I almost forgot: my living room wouldn't hold a sofa and love seat, but IME, try to get either a sofa/love seat set or a sofa/chair set at the same time, so you can match or coordinate colors.

Well...I've learned that we will keep whatever we buy for a really long time, so I'm thinking we should be more conservative on the couch color and add more pizzazz with throw pillows and accessories that can be changed more inexpensively (??).

I love our dark, natural/distressed-looking espresso brown couch.

I prefer getting furniture pieces that coordinate together, but don't necessarily "match". So I would skip the "set" thing and just pick two pieces that look nice in the same room...

I like to drool over leather sofas. I voted for the set, but now that I think about it, I's rather have a sofa and 2 chairs that look good together (not necessarily from the same set)--it offers more flexibility. I have a good friend that has a red leather loveseat and 2 blue chairs. I love them, but I'd have a hard time working up the courage to get the bold colors. I like to paint my walls with bold colors and let the furniture be neutral. I agree with adding in brightly colored pillows.

I chose the "wouldn't buy sofa and loveseat" simply because of space issues. Our current set-up is a love seat and 2 oversize chairs in the living room. We had a couch and loveseat in there when we had 'hand-me-down furniture from the in-laws, but they sat in the same spot for a lot of years! At least with what we have now, we can set it up 3 different ways. We also have a red microfiber sectional in our itty bitty family/tv room.

I love, love, love brown!

Sheri :)

Edited by SLH in ND
forgot something

I like to drool over leather sofas. I voted for the set, but now that I think about it, I's rather have a sofa and 2 chairs that look good together (not necessarily from the same set)--it offers more flexibility.

Oh man! I wish I had added that as a poll option! Sofa & 2 chairs!

If it were my couch, I'd go with red, but that's me. :D

I chose Medium Brown. You can go with a lot of color mixtures with that and it wouldn't show the dirt too much. Dark brown is in right now, but will it be down the road?

I also chose sofa but not loveseat. You may have room for it now, but if you move, room sizes are all different. I have yet to live in a house where the sofa and loveseat fit in a nice arrangement. I'd much rather have a sofa and matching chair with ottoman or something like that.

Plus you can move your furniture around more if you don't have the clunky sofa and loveseat to try to arrange.;)

Oh man! I wish I had added that as a poll option! Sofa & 2 chairs!

If this were an option, this is how I would have voted, as I love chairs vs. a loveseat!

I LOVE chocolate brown leather, and I wish we had just spent the money when we were buying our furniture and bought leather. My fabric couch drives me crazy since my 2yo is such a messy, destructive child compared to my oldest.

I chose the sofa and loveseat, but I'm rethinking that. It IS hard to fit the combo in some homes! If you WOULD have put sofa and 2 chairs option, I would've voted for that, as that's what we have and we like it!

I don't like brown! I voted for the cream cuz it's so easy to mix and match to go with that. Probably not real practical, but nice! I actually like blue, so if you'd had that as a choice, that's what I would've picked! :D

I love our black leather couch -- it is a pebbled, but soft 3-seater. EASIEST thing to keep clean in our home! I just personally don't like everything matchy-matchy (we're very mid-century modern). We do have two hot red modern leather chairs by the black couch, but they are so different in style, that the leather is the only commonality.

We have had our dark brown leather sofa, loveseat, and recliner set for 6 years. It has been thrown-up on, peed on, has had crummys all over it, and still looks GREAT! I love leather!

We picked the neutral color also and accented it with colored pillows. This has been great since we have moved over 5 times with these sofas, and allowed our colors to changes as needed.

Our loveseat doesn't get used much except when we have company over. Depending on your family size, it may or may not be right for you. Also, the layout of your living room and size may not accomidate the loveseat and sofa.

My mil is an interior decorator and has a red leather couch and loveseat. She got rid of the loveseat and replaced it with some fabric pieces to give the room a cozy feeling. I do like the red leather, but it was too bold for my tastes and I think it would eventually go out of style.

My leather sofa is cordovan with gold nailheads and gold and brown throw pillows. We have two rocker recliners in a print fabric with shades of brown, gold, and burgandy. They are not the large, sinking-in recliners my grandparents had but are smaller and look more like chairs than monster lazy boys. I swore growing up I'd die before letting a ginormous lazy boy in my home... so I'm not quite eating my words due to a size technicality! Our oversized leather chair and ottoman is in the quiet corner of the room and is my favorite reading/curling up chair. It matches the sofa.

I love the chocolate brown leather sofas as well and really it was a hard decision between the two. I went with the one that could be delivered faster because I was sick of my old stuff!

We have had our dark brown leather sofa, loveseat, and recliner set for 6 years. It has been thrown-up on, peed on, has had crummys all over it, and still looks GREAT! I love leather!

We picked the neutral color also and accented it with colored pillows. This has been great since we have moved over 5 times with these sofas, and allowed our colors to changes as needed.

Can you please share the "brand name" of this sofa?

thanks,

Lacy

We now have five leather sofas/loveseats. Two are brown, two burgandy and one beige. My only recommendations are:

*light color brightens a room and they are relatively easy to clean - maybe 2x/year

*watch the weight. Recliners and sofa beds are heavy and difficult to move around.

* watch the leather quality. Our newest one has some scratches - the leather was the thinnest and some have vinyl on the sides and backs.

Good choice!

My concerns about leather - would it be cold in winter? Would my flabby legs stick to it in summer? Would the dog's toenails rip it? Would it show cat/dog hair too much?

We had a black leather soft and loveseat and the dog and cats totally shredded the sofa. I guess b/c that's where we were and they all liked to hang with us but their nails would dig in to the sofa and it was only a few years old when we had to toss it b/c it looked like a shredded curtain and hurt to sit on.

It WAS nice to clean (wipe off!) but we have always had fabric furniture since then b/c although we don't have animals anymore, we want to leave that option open in the future and felt like leather would limit us.

That said, obviously alot of people love their leather! It is pretty!!

True bomber-jacket brown, probably not as dark as chocolate but perhaps darker than medium brown. I love the distress marks and all.

ETA: I would not buy the set, I prefer to mix things up with coordinating pieces instead of matching ones. Look through some decorating magazines (not furniture catalogs) and notice the rooms that appeal to you... what furniture assortments do they feature?

Edited by AuntieM

I read the poll and accurately predicted which would be the favorite just based on the names. Who wouldn't vote for CHOCOLATE! Would it be as popular if it was just dark brown? Or mud brown? Now mud pie, that would probably be a winner. :001_smile: