Menu

Who's going to tackle Monday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!

Ds was at a lock-in all night, so he's gone to bed. He'll do school later in the day.

Done:

picked up ds

got breakfast on the way home

coffee

To Do:

other meals

tidy house

unpack from trip

pay bills

school with ds

some prep for co-op classes

prep for math tutoring

sort through some books and paperwork (unloaded two book cases and am going through everything a little at a time)

• Like 5

Good morning!

We're digging out from the snow - lots of plowing and shoveling ahead of us today.

•school

•office work (bills, banking, and other assorted stuff)

•plan my week

•vacuum and dust upstairs and clean bathrooms

•empty garbage cans throughout house

•put away clean laundry

•clean hay steamer

•dinner: sweet potato taco bowls

• Like 5

Ugh.  Medical stuff over the weekend so:

Email Mayo
Email the University

Call my Primary
Primary appointment today
Play practice for DD
School - Barton x 2, Bible, Math, Grammar - if we can just hit the major parts hard today I will be SO thrilled.
Take DD to mock practice
Help DH write a paper for one of his classes

BEDTIME

• Like 5

We are home for the day since Dh's car is in the shop and he has my van.

School
Take a walk! Temps are supposed to reach high 40's today, but drop down to teens for the next couple days, so I think we will take the dog and head out to survey the neighborhood this afternoon. Lovely sunny day.

Call for an appt. ✅

Call to reschedule dentist appts?

dinner - cabbage rolls

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Kitchen is clean.

Hay steamer is clean and first load just finished steaming.

Grain buckets are scrubbed.

Garbage cans on main floor are emptied.

Linus got his medicine.

I cleared snow off the deck so the birds could eat.

Dh is plowing our lane and kids are shoveling.

• Like 4

Good morning! dh took dd2 this morning to practice, which was good as the roads turns slick as it started to snow. Dh is going to work from home today and I am debating whether or not to cancel guitar. I can wait a few hours, so we'll see.

To do: 

school with boys

edit paper with dd2 if she asks

daily chores

clean kitchen

pay bills

jen things

guitar lessons

dd2 to hs swim meeting

ds3 to tennis

dd2 to club practice

home

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Late breakfast brunch. Waffles and bacon for dd, oatmeal and boiled eggs for me. Ds makes pancakes for himself.

I am sorry for all of you with the ice and snow and bad weather generally. So far, it is ok here, although a few snow flakes are beginning to show up on my iPhone weather.

Declutter today: Ds has big bags full of trash from his room, but they can't be thrown out because there might be 'something' in them, like missing chess pieces. So, maybe I'll look through the bags, which have been sitting in the hallway by his room. Oh, what a thrill, lol!

• Like 4

Good morning

- coffee

- dishes- handwash done, others going in dishwasher

- laundry- in dryer

- fold/put away laundry- nope

- tidy kitchen- round 1 done

- tidy living room- round 1 done

- nap with dd2 since she woke up early (so I got up early)- dd2 napped I couldn’t sleep

- history stuff- replied to discussion post

- microbiology stuff- made account for homework site (though only know what is due for Wednesday and next Monday, hopefully tonight we will get more of a schedule and the other stuff that we need for assignments), responded to discussion, printed syllabus

- read

- crochet

- put stuff in planner- will do when I get home tonight if I get an assignment list and if not too brain dead

- greet sitter and dd1 and sitter’s son off bus

- help dd1 with any homework

- go to school

- dinner- in crockpot

- bedtime routine

- anything else I get done- showered, brushed snow off car and put cover on

Edited by MomtoCandJ
  • Like 6

Still working on un-jet-lagging myself.

Was driving home from my folks' house between midnight and 1:15am. 

Got the pets situated, put the kids to bed.  Got some sleep.

Woke up maybe 10am. 

Paid taxes. 

Started working on putting away the Christmas / birthday gifts from extended family.

Checked emails / social media.

Figured out evening activites.

Put the kids to work on thank you notes, music practice, homework, picking up.

Did a wee bit of exercise.

Need to be working.

• Like 6

Cleaned one bathroom.

Did two loads laundry.

Round 2 of horse chores done.

Put in a call to the horse vet because one horse has an eye problem.

Went through Amazon Subscribe and Save list.

Ordered puppy food and dog food.

Still snowing here and it's very beautiful outside. It looks like a snow globe.

• Like 5

kitchen - took out recycling and brought back garbage bins from the curb.  (Not exactly all kitchen but most of our garbage and recycling comes from the kitchen so it's easier to do it all together.)

laundry - can't do any more until my servants (washer and dryer) get done with their duties.

paperwork - checked on neighbor's order and let her know that except for one backordered item, all has come in.

Went through the file of music that I found for the lady who asked for it to make sure that it was all there.  It is except for the first page of the first song in the file which is missing.  I still haven't found the companion file of music.  The search goes on. 

• Like 4

kitchen - found my favorite vegetable cookbook that had slipped behind the other cookbooks!  :party:

Going to make the first recipe in the book - artichoke heart and spinach gratin. 

laundry - folded and put away one load of laundry.  One load in dryer.  And I'm caught up again! 

paperwork - graded algebra. 

• Like 4

Finished office work for the day. Got caught up in figuring out three complicated bills and that took about an hour. I did manage to get quite a few other things done after that.

I told our horse vet that he did not have to come out today as it is not an emergency, but he still drove out here in the middle of a snowstorm to check my horse's eye. We're so grateful for him and the wonderful care he takes of our horses. I need to stop in to the clinic tomorrow and pick up some medicine.

Vacuuming and dusting and putting away laundry didn't happen, so I'll put that on tomorrow's list.

• Like 4

Dinner is in the oven.  Made cabbage rolls. Kids are not fans of this. Maybe other recipes are better, but I think we'll stick with stuffed peppers for ground-meat-inside-veggies sort of dish.

Ds finished his school work and is playing outside. Temp here dropped over 25 degrees in an hour. I am ready for spring. 

Dd did not finish her school work. She gets into mental drift mode sometimes and I was on the phone and cooking, so nothing got done. She had 2 hrs of school to do after lunch and in 3 hrs only did about 45 minutes of it. Sigh. 

To do:

deskwork

help dd with school after dinner     

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4