Menu

Baby Name Game - Just for Fun

BigMamaBird

I'm not due till April 1st and am fully hoping and expecting to go full term.  However, my OB today jokingly asked me if I was ready to play "when's this baby going to come?" with a smile, wink-wink, nudge-nudge.  

Dh and I have a first and middle name picked out and ready to go.  But I mentioned to him that if the baby comes only a smidge more than a week early, we have a chance of having her on the Vernal Equinox and that if something special like that happened, wouldn't it be fun to commemorate that with a distinctive middle name.  

So, just for fun, if you had a baby born on the First Day of Spring or Vernal Equinox, can you think of anything special you could name a baby girl?  We're sticking with our original names, but I knew the creativity of the Hive would be fun to stir up for something like this!

Can you tell I'm suffering from a bit of Cabin Fever?!?!

Estra (goddess of spring according to my vintage baby name book)

Magnolia

Fern

Birdie (Roberta)

Bunny

Daisie

Elodie

Evanthe

Lilybell

Verna (spring born)

Elvia

I would do Fern in a heart beat if I was a single Mom!  But DH has catagorically vetoed all "Hippie Names" as he calls them.  Elodie is beautiful.

Elizabeth Quinn Knox

That is just too cool!

I like plain old Spring. I really do like it. There's always Rain(Raine, Rainy). However Rainy Spring and Spring Rain are out!

We were at the County Fair and met a family with daughters named Spring, Autumn and Winter and a son named Sommer.  I thought that was just about as fun as it gets!