Menu

My Mardel A Simple Plan Free Online Planner

I have been fooling around with it for the past week, and I can't say that I like it.  With HST I can input an assignment once, and with the click of a button have that assignment copied on specified days of the week for the entire school year.  So, for example, when I assign my first-grader his phonics lessons for the year, I can automatically have a phonics lesson assigned for 130 consecutive days (and with consecutive lesson numbers as well, if I want it to).  With A Simple Plan, I have to assign each of those 130 phonics lessons one by one.  Unless I am missing the magic button to assign a lesson multiple times, this won't work.  There is no way I have the time to enter every single assignment for three children for an entire school year, one assignment at a time.  HST is way, way more user-friendly, at the same price.

• 2 weeks later...

With A Simple Plan, I have to assign each of those 130 phonics lessons one by one.  Unless I am missing the magic button to assign a lesson multiple times, this won't work.

Yes, and for each lesson you have a minimum of 6 different fields to fill in; I think it remembers which student you're dealing with from assignment to assignment, but not ANYTHING else, so you have to choose, for example, "daily," assigned August 28, due August 30, math, and the specific assignment. For EACH assignment you enter.

So I'm searching for another way, and I'm considering paying.

I just finished the 30 day trial for Homeschool Planet through HSBC. I like it so much, I decided to buy it last night. It handles repeating and sequenced assignments with ease. And I can make adjustments quickly if we miss something one day. The down side is that it really is a bit on the pricey side.