Menu

WHY???? (My Very First Vent)

tagglelim

I've never vented on the boards, but now I'm in the mood!!!

WHY, oh WHY, do clothing sizes at Target go from Size 7/8 to 10/12???? WHY???? What about the 9-year-old girls??? Why not go to Size 9/10, then 11/12???? My poor girl - 7/8 is too small, but 10/12 - good grief..... Do 9-year-olds not count????

Okay. That is all. I just had to get that out of my system. :leaving:

DD is still in 7/8 here, so we haven't run into this problem, but now I am dreading it! We already have the issue of most pants being WAY too wide in the waist. Those elastic bands they put in some pants - useless for us -- all they do is crumple up the material and she ends up with bulges in the waist and pants that still slip down. For us, tights are the greatest invention - ever. :laugh:

I have the same vent about the boys clothes at Kohls. My son grew out if the "4-7" section and into the "8-20" section where the stock little or no size 8 or 9, not to mention the clothes are uglier over there anyway. Thank goodness for Gymboree.

Oh, I have a love/hate relatiosnship with Kohls. Their sizing is so messed up. I bought my boys the "right" size for every other store (I was shopping on-line), but it was a whole size off for Kohls. I had to take it back and it was a mess. And then returns are screwy when they give you Kohls cash, so they don't refund the whole amount. But I love their clothes. So I shop there. And grit my teeth.

Oh just wait until your girl is size 16 or size 2 in adult...neither of which they carry. She is too big to be a kid and too small to be an adult!!! And let us not talk about the modesty issue if you DO happen to miraculously find the size!!!

I live this with dd11. Why can't childrens clothing stores carry a 16??? My pippi is still a kid not a junior. I cried when our Osh Kosh outlet stopped carrying 16s. :sad:

I've never vented on the boards, but now I'm in the mood!!!

WHY, oh WHY, do clothing sizes at Target go from Size 7/8 to 10/12???? WHY???? What about the 9-year-old girls??? Why not go to Size 9/10, then 11/12???? My poor girl - 7/8 is too small, but 10/12 - good grief..... Do 9-year-olds not count????

Okay. That is all. I just had to get that out of my system. :leaving:

:iagree: I have a skinny 9yo and had this problem somewhere trying to buy pajamas. Pajamas are not something I want to spend a lot of money on, but I also don't want them so big they fall off.

Guest inoubliable

Try finding boys size 12 in a slim size. :glare: Normal size 12 pants just slide right off of him. Yet the stores will have one or two pairs of "normal" size 12, and then 4 or 5 pairs of husky size. DS12 usually ends up wearing skinny jeans from the girl's section.

Try finding boys size 12 in a slim size. :glare: Normal size 12 pants just slide right off of him. Yet the stores will have one or two pairs of "normal" size 12, and then 4 or 5 pairs of husky size. DS12 usually ends up wearing skinny jeans from the girl's section.

You are right! I had one like that too. The only pants he wore successfully were Lands End - it helps to get them on sale - but I think they are harder to find the ones we liked in stock anymore. He wore slims from Lands End until he outgrew size 18 or 20... what ever the last boys' size is.

Because all clothing manufacturers are out to get moms. If it isn't trouble with the kids clothes fitting (and being modest but still fashionable) it is terrible sizing for adult clothes. You really do have to try EVERYTHING one. I can go shopping and one size is too SMALL but yet I can go and get one size SMALLER and it is TOO BIG :confused1:

I took my 13 year old niece shopping a few weeks ago, at target. Oh my, we laughed until we cried because the sizes are soooo ridiculous! This is the first year she has been in womens sizes, not kids, and welcome to the wacky world of womens clothes, sweetie! A 5 in a pair of jeans was skin tight, wouldn't go past her knees...a 4 was huge. A skirt in a 7 was great, a skirt in a 3 was falling off. It made no sense whatsoever. It's like they just arbitrarily slap a number on the pants and out they go!

And don't get me started on the low cut tops...she has cleavage,,but at 13 is certainly not wanting to show it off! But except for turtlenecks, everything is low, and requires layers...do they do that to sell more clothes? What about when the layering tanks are too low, too- layering layer tanks?!

Aaaaaaahahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Oh - I have a girl just growing out of Target 7/8's right now and I know EXACTLY what you mean. I feel like she is just going to be wearing stuff too big for the next year. And ugh - the styles.

My small 12 year old boy who doesn't want to wear dinosaurs and trains anymore is hard to shop for too. I have been looking for a few basics for him for weeks that have a more "teen" style to them in a size 10-12 slim. Meh.