Menu

My taxes are done!

My husband came home yesterday with his w-2 and so I was able to take care of everything last night. Things haven't changed much since last year and all the other forms (property tax, interest information) I had to have I could print off from the internet.

YEAH!:D

We're still waiting for some info but we've input all the information that we have so far.

As I side note, we just filed last year's taxes since DH was deployed and had a deferment. So I have this "Didn't we just do all this" feeling when I handle the tax stuff.

I had ours done two weeks ago, free-filed it on the 11th, which was the first day the IRS was taking electronic returns. THEN I got an email that the IRS won't process our return until Feb 11th because we have a Tuition & Fees Deduction & a Residential Energy Credit that were both affected by the AMT problem! Ugh! We could really use the money - already have it all spent on paper.

And they want to boost the economy? Just give me my refund, already!

I have my manilla folder all ready to collect the items we need for taxes, but so far all that's in it are the booklets from the fed and state. No w-2 yet, no statements from banks, investments, etc. Usually it's late February before everything arrives. Good for you!!!

Yeah for you! I'm almost done. I've got it all input, and checking the numbers against the numbers that come in from the tax forms. We're self employed, so I never know if anyone is going to send us a 1099 or not. Ithink I'll wait until next month, then get it sent off. But, it feels good to basically have it all done and just wait to see if any surprises show up!

I don't think it's very nice to brag. Just because YOU can breathe easily and I have at least a couple more months of hyperventilating! Lol. I keep dreaming that one year it will be different, but ours are so complicated. Dh had 3 jobs last year, and we're still awaiting all 3 W-2s. Then I have to track down all the charitable contribution receipts and prescription/dr's receipts and the home mortgage interest and the local taxes and the student loans . . .

I'm making my head hurt . . .

Maybe next year I'll have all my pieces of paper in the same box! =)

Congratulations!

I don't think it's very nice to brag. Just because YOU can breathe easily and I have at least a couple more months of hyperventilating! Lol. I keep dreaming that one year it will be different, but ours are so complicated. Dh had 3 jobs last year, and we're still awaiting all 3 W-2s. Then I have to track down all the charitable contribution receipts and prescription/dr's receipts and the home mortgage interest and the local taxes and the student loans . . .

I'm making my head hurt . . .

Maybe next year I'll have all my pieces of paper in the same box! =)

Congratulations!

The funny thing is I thought noone would respond. Everyone was asleep when I finished them and I was excited.:D We had a few complicated years (3 state returns plus buying a home/401 k stuff) but things have settled down. I actually thought I would have to wait for more forms to come in...but lo and behold a copy was online for all of the information I needed on each account I checked. :cool: