Menu

Heath Ledger has been found dead in his apartment...

This caught my eye because I was so very impressed with Heath Ledger when I watched The Patriot a few years ago. I've appreciated his work in a couple of other films, too.

The fame-and-fortune scene would be so difficult one one's personal life and psyche. It seems people are always divorcing, checking in to drug rehab, etc. Not that the rest of the population doesn't suffer from these problems, too, but something about the Hollywood just ramps it up. Very sad.

but, what I dislike most of all is the way the media leaches onto it. It's tragic to see speculation about his life and the possible way he died when no one really knows until after the autopsy. It also makes me sad for his family and loved ones to have to watch the gurney with his body on it being wheeled out to the flash of all the lights from the media. I wonder if there wasn't a better way to do that to spare those close to him?

I didn't always like his choice of roles, but, I will say, he was extremely talented and seemed to really love his beautiful little girl. It's a tragedy.

but, what I dislike most of all is the way the media leaches onto it. It's tragic to see speculation about his life and the possible way he died when no one really knows until after the autopsy. It also makes me sad for his family and loved ones to have to watch the gurney with his body on it being wheeled out to the flash of all the lights from the media. I wonder if there wasn't a better way to do that to spare those close to him?

I agree, also the story runs over and over even when no new information is available. It reminds me of the old SNL skit with Chevy Chase, "This just in: Francisco Franco is still dead." Give it a break.

but, what I dislike most of all is the way the media leaches onto it.

Hear, hear! I didn't know who he was, but I sure did hear about this a dozen times yesterday on the radio. Every reporter seems to be trying to one-up the others on how much "info" they have. Really, it's a tragic thing to die so young -- speculation on the subject is tactless and undignified.