Menu

Would you consider me a freak, or prudent?

Freak or Prudent?  

1. 1. Freak or Prudent?

• Overly obsessive germaphobic freak?
    • Making a prudent choice for my family to avoid having 7 sick kids during Gran's visit?

I don't want to go to the AWANA ceremony/potluck.

My mom will be visiting these next few weeks. Yay!

However, that means I will have six children in one room. If one child comes down sick, they all do. The baby has his own room.

We have neighbors that are sick with flu like symptoms. They have kids in the school system. There are three cases of H1N1 on the island now.

Under these circumstances, I just don't want to take the chance.

Freak, right? Prudent, right? :)

Lets take a poll.

Jo

Forget H1N1--who wants a house full of runny noses and the regular old flu? Plus company? No way I'd go, unless my dc would be absolutely tramatized forever and ever. Skip it.

:iagree: even more since dd, dmil, and I are all suffering from a stomach flu right now that we seem to have picked up at a Mother-Daughter banquet at church. It's odd - we were even off in a corner by ourselves, and didn't particularly interact with anyone else! (That wasn't purposeful, BTW, it just worked out that way.) But it's the only place where all three of us were together in the past week, so it must have been there.

So if it's a highly inconvenient time to be sick, I would skip it.

Definitely a wise choice to skip it. I have learned to skip things if I know sickness or viruses will be there. For me with lots of young children, its just not worth it, especially it there is something important coming up, like visitors!

I hope this passes before Awanas ends for us, because mine will likely be traumatized. It's their favorite thing they've ever done.

We decided to skip last Wed at the last min. Later that night, our school district announced that it was closing for the following week & a half because of confirmed cases here.

We've been staying home since, & I'm *hoping* they'll cancel tomorrow night, since the district's still closed (which they follow). I don't want to be forced to make any more decisions myself, lol.

Although I AM a freak about being prudent!!! ;)

When ever we have anything coming up - vacation, fun outing, family visiting....I pull back from stuff. Thankfully we're homebodies most of the time anyhow, but I've been known to skip Sunday School just so the kids won't catch something with an important event looming. :tongue_smilie:

I think you're a prudent freak. :D Or a freakish prude. :001_huh:

Really, I don't blame you - I wouldn't want my whole family coming down with the flu. Luckily, there aren't any cases in my area. At least not any that I know of...

I don't want to go to the AWANA ceremony/potluck.

My mom will be visiting these next few weeks. Yay!

However, that means I will have six children in one room. If one child comes down sick, they all do. The baby has his own room.

We have neighbors that are sick with flu like symptoms. They have kids in the school system. There are three cases of H1N1 on the island now.

Under these circumstances, I just don't want to take the chance.

Freak, right? Prudent, right? :)

Lets take a poll.

Jo

If you feel uncomfortable, don't do it. There may be a small chance of your children catching anything or a fairly good chance since you really don't know who has already caught it and has not come down with the symptoms yet.

To have six children not to mention yourself and your mother potentially fall ill would keep me home. There will be another celebration some other time.