Menu

Slow curriculum shipping

HollyDay

I placed an order on April 8. On April 20 I emailed the the company and asked about shipping time. They responded that they had been away to conferences and would ship my order soon. Well, today is the 29th and there is no update or tracking information about the order. As far as I can tell from the order status page, there has been no progress at all?

How much longer should I wait? The website does say it could take 10-14 days to ship during conference season. But, it has been 21 days now. It is materials for both dc. Granted I am not going to use this material until next fall. But, I wanted to get a good look at some of it - it is new to me - and make sure it is my final choice for one of my dc.

Suggestions??

I placed an order on April 8. On April 20 I emailed the the company and asked about shipping time. They responded that they had been away to conferences and would ship my order soon. Well, today is the 29th and there is no update or tracking information about the order. As far as I can tell from the order status page, there has been no progress at all?

How much longer should I wait? The website does say it could take 10-14 days to ship during conference season. But, it has been 21 days now. It is materials for both dc. Granted I am not going to use this material until next fall. But, I wanted to get a good look at some of it - it is new to me - and make sure it is my final choice for one of my dc.

Suggestions??

I would message them back, remind them of the time that has passed and what their site states. I would in the email give them a time frame such as if I have not received shipping notice by ........ I feel I will need to cancel my order and order from a different company. Some companies don't send ship confermations and last Dec. I had things get lost in the mail.

Suggestions??

If this is the same company that I once had the exact same problem with (even though it wasn't conference season), I ended up having to post it on their website's message board to get someone to actually DO something about it. Going "public" seemed to be what made the difference. :glare:

I'd go the old fashion route and pick up a telephone and call them and ask. I use to do stuff like that all the time when I worked as an office manager and had backorders and lost orders from purchase orders.;)

Call, be polite and tell them that you would like to check on the status of your order and be prepared to have essential information such as an order number, item numbers and names, etc.

-crystal

Please tell me it is not the Farm Country General Store. I placed an order on April 8th and I still haven't heard from them. I tried calling several times and I got someone to speak to me once and they told me something about conferences also. I have no idea what to do.

Edited by Elm in NJ
spelling

That is so frustrating to me. I own an online store...and I respond to emails within a few hours. I never wait days to respond. I have a big sign on my first page when I am away stating when your item will ship...and upon checkout...it comes up again so you know for sure!!

I cant handle not shipping my items asap. It makes me nervous to think I have an order sitting there waiting to ship! :tongue_smilie: Knowing how I am...I hate ordering from other companies that dont respond or postpone shipping. Unless the item is out of stock, they should mail it within a couple days....or have a notice that they are out of town and will ship after however many days.

I would not order from a company like that again! (Thats just me) Almost a month with no communication is too long! Yes...I would call. If you dont hear back...cancel and order from someone else.

Is it a reputable company? This year we have only ordered from Christian Book.com and Sonlight. Both have shipped to me within days!!!

Hi Michelle!!

HSLDA recommended the company, so I assume they are reputable. They said up from "All orders usually ship within 14 days", so I expected a bit of delay. When I emailed the first time, they said they were further delayed due to a conference. I guess it is okay, but I am very restless. We are trying to put together a grassroots curriculum "fair" since we are so far away from the nearest Conference. Some families have asked to see the material I purchased from said store. I dont want to name the store yet, because I dont want to bash them if this is indeed and "expected (to them anyway) delay".

I saw your blog! You make me homesick for Miami!!!!!

Okay, for those of you who have looked at my previous post about this issue.

I placed an order from Making Math Meaningful (Cornerstone Curriculum) on April 8. I received my confirmation email and it said orders ship usually within 14 days. I was startled by that delay, but I thought - okay it will be here by the end of the month.

I emailed them on the 20th since there was no status or shipping information on the order. They explained they had been at convention and would ship my order soon. I called yesterday (29th) after checking order status and finding no update.

I called today and left a message saying I needed a definite ship date or my order cancelled so I could order through another vendor (who could provide prompt shipping and tracking). I also said that I need to receive my order no later than May 8 - a whole month from ordering. They only take calls M-W 1-4.

I have not gotten any response. Am I being unreasonable?

Besides wanting my order, I have another reason which I explained in email and over the phone. We are putting together a little "curriculum get together" locally. Our closest convention is 6 hours away. Folks are emailing one another and finding out who has what, and who wants to see what. I am the only person locally who has any info about Making Math Meaningful (maybe due to shipping?). Several families wish to look at it before they make their final math choices for next year. This could be a great way to advertise this program at no expense or effort it Cornerstone. I explained this to the company. Still, no email, no phone call, no update on "order status" page, no product.

What can I do now??

I would cancel it. Did you pay with a cc? Call and tell them the company is not responding and you want to stop the payment. As long as they didnt ship it...you should be able to have it stopped. I would order from christian book.com They ship FAST! I have never had a problem with them.

Good luck....I am so sorry to hear about it.

I would email and call to leave a message canceling my order. Then, I would immediately place an order somewhere that has good shipping and tracking. I would state that I'm disappointed in their service and will be not be buying directly from them.

They have had plenty of time to ship your order. If they want to ship directly to customers they need to figure out a way to service them.

I called my credit card company and they said they cannot do anything until the order posts.

I just checked their website and they are at conventions today AND next weekend. And I think the weekend following. This is just unsat. I am assuming if the books were not shipped, they wont be shipped for the near future since they are away.

They are not returning ANY calls or emails either. So, if I cancel with an email or phone message - will they get it? Sure, I can reorder - but will this order magically show up since their customer service is next to nothing at this point? Then I have to pay to ship it back to them?

Communicate with me and I am pretty understanding. But, this is just not right.

Making Math Meaningful emailed me this afternoon and said my order would ship in 4-7 days. I am not sure what to think. Again, I placed this order April 8. They told me April 20 it would ship soon. Now on May 3, it will ship in about a week. No explanation either.

I hope they do ship it within that time frame. Even so, if anyone wants to order from them, be aware of seriously delayed shipping.

• 1 month later...

So, have you received this yet?! I'm considering ordering MMM but not so sure about having to wait. I'm schooling ever the summer starting NOW, but we're not quite down with math...so it will be about a month before I need it, but it took them longer than that to ship it to you! That's awful!

So, now that you have it (hopefully), is it at least as wonderful as you had hoped?