Menu

Happy Birthday DAWN (nestof3)!!!!

Since my family doesn't enjoy the usual birthday song, here's the one by Red Grammer for your special day (I hope you know the tune, I couldn't figure out how to include it in my post!)

On the day that Dawn was born

The angels sang and they blew on their horns

And they danced, yeah they danced,

They smiled and raised up their hands

On the day, on the day that Dawn was born.

Enjoy your special day.

Julie

Thank you all so very much. It was a nice day -- very nice. I stayed home from the meeting, rode my bike, made a card and relaxed. John took the boys to the meeting.

My husband cooked hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill served with beans, potato salad, cole slaw, chips, watermelon, cantaloupe and soda -- a fun "unhealthy" day of eating. LOL

He baked and decorated a cake and hung star balloons in the kitchen. He bought these really pretty party plates and cups to make the table pretty.

We ate on the picnic table outside enjoying the blooming azaleas, salvia, centaurea montana, candytuft and phlox.

I think he is worn out from the shopping and cooking. :)

Aaron made me a card with my stamping stuff. You can see it on my blog.

John gave me a card titled, "To my friend," in reference to the movie John Adams we just watched and wrote "if I were president, I would seek your counsel." This made me cry.

John and the boys got me some stamps, and Aaron gave me a funny plaque for the kitchen that says "Good Morning, Let the Stress Begin." :lol: My parents gave me gift cards to Michaels and A C Moore and a pretty floral bouquet.

It was a very special day. I felt like a queen. I am very blessed.

PS -- My brother called to wish me a happy birthday tonight. Yesterday, I received a lovely card from my sister-in-law, Karen, and a card with a monetary gift from my in-laws.

Edited by nestof3