Menu

Prayers and good thoughts for my 5yo dd please

If you could ladies? We have had a nasty intestinal virus go through the house. All but my 9yo dd has had it in varying degrees. DD (5) has been down since Thursday. I took her in yesterday and she barely avoided IV fluids. She was quite dehydrated but her blood sugar was was still elevated enough that he thought she would be ok. He sent her home with Zofran and orders to drink. Although she hasn't vomited since the ride home from the dr. and has kept down 16 oz of fluids since then, she still is fighting the urge to keep stuff down and is on her 3rd of 4 doses of Zofran. She is uber small-- and has no reserve. She has lost 3 lbs, which puts her at 31 lbs. When giving her a bath last night, it was very disturbing to see her so emaciated. I am really hoping that she turns the corner soon. Your prayers and good thoughts would be appreciated.

Although she hasn't vomited since the ride home from the dr. and has kept down 16 oz of fluids since then, she still is fighting the urge to keep stuff down and is on her 3rd of 4 doses of Zofran. d.

Poor thing. It is so miserable when littles are sick. Is she doing any better yet?

We spent yesterday at the hospital. She is much better after we got her hydrated. She asked for Belgian Waffles this morning and we are going to the local University campus dining hall tonight. Janet and Claire-- isn't it funny that Chuck's could be my kids' favorite place to eat out??? :D

She has dropped to 30 lbs though, so I would ask for continued prayer. She looks a bit alarming to us right now. Her eyes are big and sunken, her bones are sticking out. She looks like a World Vision kid. Yikes. Thanks again for your support.