Menu

Singapore CWP going out of print

nmoira

Hmmmm, do you all think RR will be able to get more in stock, then, if they're just backordered and still available for purchase? Or at this point should we be ordering from Singapore directly (or an alternate like Sonlight)?

Any suggestions for those who are sitting on the fence still?

I would*guess* that RR will have some come in...but I can't say for sure. Shipping straight from SM is killer:glare:, esp if you can order enough from RR to get the free shipping. I'm giving RR the 5 days (according to their policy) and shelling out the $ for shipping from SM.

I would*guess* that RR will have some come in...but I can't say for sure. Shipping straight from SM is killer:glare:, esp if you can order enough from RR to get the free shipping. I'm giving RR the 5 days (according to their policy) and shelling out the $ for shipping from SM.

Thanks, Paula! The shipping costs in conjunction with the fact that I'm getting ready to place an order with RR anyway is exactly my dilemma. The 5-day-wait solution might be the way to go for me, too. :001_huh:

Didn't the post on the SM forum say they would be able to get them this year, but not after that? It didn't make it sound like there was immediate danger of running out.

I just spoke to Rainbow about this (posted about it in a new thread) and they agreed they could get them through the summer. The only problem is *now*, as there are huge rushes on the supplier. Remember Tickle Me Elmo sales that one year? :lol: I am laughing because I, too, am one of the ones causing the shortage!

I spoke with RR and they said they were trying to figure it all out. I would think that Singapore Math would know more than RR about whether it was going out of print or not. I've had RR send me an old edition of something because they were not aware that there was a new edition. They just have to many products to keep tabs on everything. I ordered #1,#3,#5,#6.

I had to order some things from Singapore Math anyway (some Discovering Mathematics texts and an Express Math workbook), so I ordered levels 4, 5 and 6 for my younger dd. It was easier than organizing an RR order - I don't need that much right now (except the last few levels of Getty Dubay books that were also threatening to disappear! Glad to hear that won't happen!)

I ordered them from singapore math the day after the news broke, and mine have already arrived:hurray:
Mine came today. :D

• 3 months later...

According to Jenny on the Singapore Math forums:

There will be a comparable replacement. It will have a little more of the types of problems in the challenge section of IP or the first part of i-Excel; but the rest will be very similar. It will not be available until next year.

There will be a comparable replacement. It will have a little more of the types of problems in the challenge section of IP or the first part of i-Excel; but the rest will be very similar. It will not be available until next year.

Well, I'm glad, even though my copies will no longer be worth 78 dollars used. :lol:

Wait a minute...surely the new ones will be suspected of being PC, and mine will be worth 105 dollars!

Thanks for the update. I was considering trying to get a second set for my 4 year old, I think I'll wait now.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is PC? :bigear:

Politically Correct, a real insult in some circles. I especially love it when boors want to be rude and excuse their rudeness as being staunchly anti-PC. (A direct quote from a cooking newsgroup, from an Israeli: All Americans lack tastebuds and love to eat fattening cr*p. And don't give me a bunch of PC cr*p. You know I'm right, and I'm just being truthful.)

Others phrases might be, depending on your take on PC:

respectful to others

cow-towing to multiculturalism

The End of Our Civilization

inclusive

amoral

(holding hands) All We Are Saying, Is Give Peace A Chance

Watered down bunk

Left-wing liberal conspiracy

tolerance and acceptance of people different from ourselves

All I know, is if the old OOP edition "isn't" PC and the new one "is", the old one goes for a whole lot more than the original price :)