Menu

I loved getting huge, solid chocolate Easter bunnies in my basket. These days, it seems like the choices are nasty Palmer chocolate bunnies that horrid, or small, solid ones.

If I could make GOOD chocolate and find HUGE molds, I just might make my own bunnies when the kids were out of the house:tongue_smilie:

yes, and the hollow ones are a major disappointment

In my quest for good bunnies, I found a blog post about stuffing the hollow bunnies to make Easter turduckens, bahhhh. They used Cadbury Creme Eggs. I'd fill mine with peanut butter cups :D, but alas, I want a big solid bunny for my kids!

Have you checked your local craft store in the cake decorating section or a kitchen supply store? Both might have them this time of year. Other than that, google chocolate bunny mold. http://www.shopbakersnook.com/220.html has an 8 inch one that is $4.

Realize that if you want them solid it's going to take a lot longer time to set up properly so allow plenty of time for the kids to be gone.

You could also google large solid chocolate easter bunnies. http://www.canipescandycitchen.com/seasonal/spring/index.htm has an 18 inch one that weighs 4 lbs (and costs $40). Is there a specialty chocolate shop in your area?

Edited by KarenNC

Can I suggest a different way of looking at this issue?

My older kids liked to bite the heads off their chocolate bunnies and then fill the body with peanut butter.

And my oldest daughter liked to bite the head off her bunny and then pour milk into the body and drink it down while nibbling her way down the bunny's body.

Hollow bunnies do have some advantages if you are willing to look at it in a different way.

Can I suggest a different way of looking at this issue?

My older kids liked to bite the heads off their chocolate bunnies and then fill the body with peanut butter.

And my oldest daughter liked to bite the head off her bunny and then pour milk into the body and drink it down while nibbling her way down the bunny's body.

Hollow bunnies do have some advantages if you are willing to look at it in a different way.

I like the way you think:D. Besides, do I really want my kids to eat that much sugar?

We like See's Bunnies. I buy a semi-hollow version. I always buy their hollow eggs with novelty. It is a chocolate egg with a white chocolate chick on the inside. My personal favorite is their chocolate butter eggs.

I should add that this is exactly what my mom put in our basket, so this feels just like my childhood when I do it for my dc.

I still see 1lb. solid, flat chocolate bunnies at Walmart, but they probably aren't great chocolate. However, I always liked the taste of the hollow ones better. As a kid I bit off the top of the ears then filled mine with jelly beans, then alternated eating jelly beans and chocolate all the way down until it was gone.