Menu

Update: I have FOUR more days of radiation to go this week. It

has gone well. I am ready to be finished with this though. The dr. told me he likes to do smaller doses of radiation over a longer period of time, then the patients don't burn or have to deal with fatigue. So far, so good. I have noticed over the weekend that I can go longer periods of time without taking the steroid, so I'm thinking the radiation is working. I'll meet the second opinion oncologist next Monday to see how we like him. Working on the game plan for my treatment plan is next priority. I am on information overload about decisions, etc. I had a few rough days last week, emotionally, but I think it was triggered because I didn't sleep but a few hours two nights in a row. I'm taking some medicine now to sleep and that's helped. I tried Melatonin, but it only relaxes me and gives me three hours of sleep. Not worth that. Sleep is crucial to healing. I'm working on eating healthy and that takes up a lot of time, but is vital. If you are reading this, please learn to not use white sugar and white flour. I know it's in everything, but the more whole foods we can eat, the more foods we cook from scratch, the healthier we will be. Cancer loves white sugar and white flour and beef. I'm learning so much, but it's been a good thing. We will come out on the other side of this healthier. Eat the colors in the rainbow is another suggestion from my doctor.

Thank you all for your prayers and concern for me and my family! May God bless each of you for remembering us in the journey!

Love,

Molly

I'm working on eating healthy and that takes up a lot of time, but is vital...the more whole foods we can eat, the more foods we cook from scratch, the healthier we will be.

Indeed! A healthier people and a healthier environment; can't beat that combo!:) Molly, I'm inspired by your positive attitude in the midst of this difficult time. Thank you for keeping us in the loop.:grouphug:

Indeed! A healthier people and a healthier environment; can't beat that combo!:) Molly, I'm inspired by your positive attitude in the midst of this difficult time. Thank you for keeping us in the loop.:grouphug:

:iagree::iagree: :grouphug::grouphug:

((((Molly))))

Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Please know this too-your pleas to have us eat healthier have reached to my heart. Even though we eat organically, from scratch, etc. and my dc eat great, I am kind of a hypocrite about it and a complete sugar addict. I know what to do, but don't do it. Since your posts, I think of you often and pray for you, and it's motivating me to action. The three words, "Sugar feeds cancer" are my mantra. I'm starting to practice what I know about nutrition. This is all in the last week or two, and I'm not always successful, but I'm committed to change. I'm looking at food as how much nutrition can I get into my body in a day, rather than "dieting" or a deprivation mentality. I just turned 40 in the fall, and I want to stay healthy as I get older.

I'm so glad and proud of you that you are taking steps to educate yourself so you can do what you can with your nutrition-it will definitely help.

I'm so, so sorry for what you're going through and I pray for peace for you during treatment, and for full and quick remission. Keep us posted!!