Menu

LOST Spoilers

if Aaron would be considered one of the 6. I guess I don't see why not since he did survive the crash in utero. He would be number 5 though, right? Hurley, Kate, Jack, Sayid and now Aaron. That only leaves one. I liked getting to hear a bit of the "story" the survivors are telling. Claire would definitely be one of the eight that survived the original crash, but who else would they have included in that group instead of just saying that 7 survived. More questions. However, I am completely hooked.

Didn't he call Locke "Col. Kurtz" a couple episodes ago? Locke is definitely off the deep end.

Aaron - wow. But somehow I don't think he'll figure into the O6.

And the "line" that Jack was repeating at the trial - 8 survivors, landed in the water, Kate rescued them all. Why 8? Why not 6, if only 6 get off the island? Hmmmm.

Any guesses as to Daniel's memory issues?

Pretty meaty episode.

Oh I entirely forgot that if that is Claire's baby that Jack is the uncle. Maybe he doesn't want to see the baby because Claire died and it was his fault????

I wonder if he even knows he's Claire's half brother?

I don't think that he knows. I don't remember them ever showing introductions or explainations. If fact, I didn't remember until you mentioned it. Do you think the writers remember? :rolleyes:

I don't think that he knows. I don't remember them ever showing introductions or explainations. If fact, I didn't remember until you mentioned it. Do you think the writers remember? :rolleyes:

The reason Jack's dad went down to Australia was to visit Claire. The writers crtainly put that in for a reason.

Kate told Sawyer, quite clearly, that she was not pregnant. But she did ask him if it would have been so terrible if she had been pregnant. She was also careful not to sleep with him again.

I don't remember this conversation, was that this episode? I remember Ben wanted Juliet to get pregnancy tests from Kate and Sun (the one for Kate never happened.

Oh I entirely forgot that if that is Claire's baby that Jack is the uncle. Maybe he doesn't want to see the baby because Claire died and it was his fault????

I wonder if he even knows he's Claire's half brother?

Well, according to last season's flash forward, Jack referred to his father still being alive so maybe he told him.

And the "line" that Jack was repeating at the trial - 8 survivors, landed in the water, Kate rescued them all. Why 8? Why not 6, if only 6 get off the island? Hmmmm.

Well there had to be at least seven that survived the crash, because Claire had to live long enough to give birth to Aaron, so that leaves one more.... who would that be?

Kate is preventing her mom from seeing the baby because it will give away some clue?

Can anyone tell me how long they had been off the island when Kate went to trial? Obviously there is some time lapse because Aaron is older, but I'm wondering if it was mentioned in the trial? This would rule out Kate still being pregnant I think, but there are some fuzzy areas that I would like to clear up on timing.

And why does Jack look so put together? When, or at what time, does he disintegrate?

Sheesh! I need a chart on the wall or something! :o

So who is number 6? Lets take a poll....

I think it's the Korean woman- I can't remember her name, urgh. Is it Sun? Or is that her husband?

Jo

So.....what do you think? Is that Claire's baby with Kate? What about Ben? Don't you just want to kick Locke's butler?

OK, Locke is OFF THE CHARTS in oddness. What is up with him!? This was *the* most interesting episode.

My dh found an interview with the LOST writers/producer people. It was very informative, but not spoilerish too much - just told us some things to look for and some things that were nothing that folks might think are something. LOL Here it is: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20179125,00.html

I hope nothing horrible happens to Claire - I don't want her murdered or some awful thing.

My guess on the 6 - Ben, Kate, Jack, Sayid, Aaron, and Hurley. At this point it looks like only those people, right? Are we missing anything here?

This episode was really good. Kate looked so beautiful all dressed up, didn't she? :) I am a total shipper and hope she and Jack end up together in some happy place. LOL

Just give me a some-kind-of happy ending!! :cool:

Kate

Kate is preventing her mom from seeing the baby because it will give away some clue?

Can anyone tell me how long they had been off the island when Kate went to trial? Obviously there is some time lapse because Aaron is older, but I'm wondering if it was mentioned in the trial? This would rule out Kate still being pregnant I think, but there are some fuzzy areas that I would like to clear up on timing.

And why does Jack look so put together? When, or at what time, does he disintegrate?

Sheesh! I need a chart on the wall or something! :o

So who is number 6? Lets take a poll....

I think it's the Korean woman- I can't remember her name, urgh. Is it Sun? Or is that her husband?

Jo

I won't see this episode for a few more hours, but in the flashbacks, Kate and her mom didn't get along after she killed her abusive stepdad. Something happens to Kate to make her at peace and comfortable and not on the run anymore. If she met her mom in this episode, I'm curious how they got along.

Oh I know!

When she went to that psychic, the psychic seemed to have said, "Don't let your baby be raised by another,"

which seemed to have meant, don't let your baby be adopted.

Now the spoiler folks are saying the psychic meant, "Don't let your baby be raised by an Other," meaning protect your baby from The Others (who took Claire at one point, remember?)

So.....what do you think? Is that Claire's baby with Kate? What about Ben? Don't you just want to kick Locke's butler?

a dictator of that segment of the island community? Why only 8 that survived the plane crash (or was that Jack lying for Kate?) Did Kate steal Claire's baby? Or, does Claire die? Or, did she have her own and just name him Aaron?

As far as the discussion that was going on last week with the Narnia/C.S. Lewis angle (i.e., Charlotte Staples Lewis, Clive Staples Lewis), are the writers a bunch of literary types? I noticed for the first time that Kate's last name is spelled "Austen" like Jane Austen. I'm probably reaching here, though! I've been reading and watching Jane Austen lately, so I've got it on the brain!

It'll be interesting to see what happens . . .

Well there had to be at least seven that survived the crash, because Claire had to live long enough to give birth to Aaron, so that leaves one more.... who would that be?

Well, he did explain that the Federal Agent died...so, maybe that accounts for one of the 8. Would that would mean there is another person who died on the island?

I want to know why they are lying about only 8 people surviving. That is driving me crazy!

~Holly

I want to know why they are lying about only 8 people surviving. That is driving me crazy!

The only thing I can think of is that maybe they are protecting the other people on the island who don't want to rescued. But then Sun said she wanted to raise her baby in Korea so I don't know what is going to happen there. I hope Desmond is one of the rescued. I don't think he would count as one of the Oceanic 6 though because he wasn't on the plane. I don't think Ben would count as one of the 6 either.

I don't think that Ben is rescued at all. He seems to have a way of getting back and forth which is why he has all that money and those different passports.

This is my thought as well. And, it makes me think of the wardrobe in Narnia. Dh and I were discussing why Sayid would be so willingly be doing these things for Ben. We know that the people on the list are a threat to the people still on the island in some way, but I wonder if Ben is the biggest threat since he knows how to get back and could do something to the survivors.

As far as the 6 + 1, I think Desmond would be most likely--unless the 1 refers to the child born on the island--Aaron. Since Desmond was shipwrecked on the island and not a part of Dharma or the others there would be less explaining to do. However, they've all proven they can lie very well. :)

the federal agent died in the crash, Jack said, which was true.

The baby was blond and white-skinned and she definitely called him Aaron, I think something happened to Claire and Kate is raising him...but why couldn't she let her mom see him? Unless she could tell by the coloring that he wouldn't likely be Kate's biological baby?

Why would Jack not want to see him? Kate said "Until you WANT to see him, there's no coffee or anything else in our future" something like that.

The psychic had told Claire something like, if she didn't keep and raise her own son, something bad would happen, he would grow up to do something bad...something like that anyway.

Ben can't be counted as one of the Oceanic 6...yes he gets off the island, but he doesn't count, he's been off and on the island many times.

Desmond told Charlie that he SAW Claire & Aaron get on a helicopter & leave the island.

I think it's obvious that Claire's not going to let someone else raise her baby if she's alive, so I think that means the chopper isn't rescuing people.

Maybe they realize that, & Kate saves Aaron, but can't save Claire?

I definitely think the 6 are lying to protect the ones who chose to stay behind. 7 & 8 are probably bodies that were found. Remember the guy who comes to ask Hurley if the others are really dead? Or something like that.

Sun & her dh can't raise their baby in Korea because of Sun's father. Her dh will eventually have to tell her that, so then I'd imagine they just choose to stay on the island.

Sun & her dh can't raise their baby in Korea because of Sun's father. Her dh will eventually have to tell her that, so then I'd imagine they just choose to stay on the island.

The problem with them staying on the Island is that all the mothers die. Babies too? Can't remember that clearly but that is why Julia is on the island and why they wanted all the pregnant women. Where are the rest of the others? We haven't seen them lately. I know that some were shot but not all and not the women.

Didn't he call Locke "Col. Kurtz" a couple episodes ago? Locke is definitely off the deep end.

Aaron - wow. But somehow I don't think he'll figure into the O6.

Any guesses as to Daniel's memory issues?

Pretty meaty episode.

I loved when Sawyer called Locke Colonel Kurtz!

I don't think Aaron is one of the Oceanic 6 since he wasn't born yet. I think maybe they said 8 because something happens to Claire and someone else? Maybe that is why Kate had Aaron? Ben is definitely not one of the six, he wasn't on the plane. I think Sun and Jin are the other two people who are part of the Oceanic 6.

Mrs. Mungo- that's a good point. Perhaps they had to say 8 survived the crash because Claire obviously survived to have the baby, but doesn't make it off the island. Wait, that wouldn't make sense since Kate is claiming Aaron is her own. Oh phooey. I thought I was on to something.

It may be the reason Sun is one of the Oceanic 6 and Jin would have been the other survivor of the crash that doesn't get off the island. Sun had to get pregnant somehow, right? ;)

I don't think is becoming any more looney. He has always been intense. But I'm still reeling from the whole Jacob, Walter, cabin thing. Creepy.

The Locke comment that pricked my ears last night, was when he told Miles that he was protecting the island (wasn't that what he said?). Or did he say he was in charge of the island? Does anyone remember that? Honestly I liked that he was playing rough with Miles. Someone needs to get answers!

Jo

No, Sun got pregnant on the island. Jin was sterile, so the island "fixed him". The ultrasound showed that Sun was only xx days pregnant, which meant the baby was conceived on the island and that Sun didn't have long to live. Juliet said all the moms died in the first part of the second trimester. Or the end of the first trimester??

Mrs. Mungo- that's a good point. Perhaps they had to say 8 survived the crash because Claire obviously survived to have the baby, but doesn't make it off the island. Wait, that wouldn't make sense since Kate is claiming Aaron is her own. Oh phooey. I thought I was on to something.

Having lunch so I can elaborate now-the reason I think Claire dies is that I think maybe that's what Kate was saying when she said something to Jack like "I know why you don't want to see the baby..." because maybe he couldn't save Claire? Maybe it was partly his fault she dies and guilt is the reason he doesn't want to see the baby.

Having lunch so I can elaborate now-the reason I think Claire dies is that I think maybe that's what Kate was saying when she said something to Jack like "I know why you don't want to see the baby..." because maybe he couldn't save Claire? Maybe it was partly his fault she dies and guilt is the reason he doesn't want to see the baby.

When I first heard Kate say that to Jack, I thought, "He doesn't want to see the baby because it is Sawyer's". That was blown out of the water though at the end of the show when she called the baby Aaron. Did Aaron look kind-of strange to any of you? I need to rewatch it on ABC.com.

Well...here's my take on it and my own theory....

At first, I was elated with the episode, as I've often had the theory that Kate had a little boy that no one else knew about before the plane crashed and the show started. That was why she kept the little plane and why she wanted off the island so badly -- otherwise, why would someone wanted for murder and all those other crimes want to leave the island??

And then, it all got blown to heck!

When she met Jack in the parking garage, I started to think that it was Sawyer's child...and she had lied to Sawyer earlier about being pregnant, to keep the child from him (a really crappy thing to do, as he already has one child he didn't know about, but that's another tangent), and Jack didn't want to see the baby because it's Sawyer's. That theory worked great for awhile - the little guy even had blonde hair, just like Sawyer!

Then she called him Aaron! ACK! How did Kate get Claire's baby?

I still don't know why that's the case, unless something happened to Claire during the rescue and she's dead ...

The fact that Aaron is so much older than we think he should be doesn't bother me -- time could move slower on the island than in the 'real world', so years may have passed for everyone else, while very little time passed on the island -- but nothing else makes sense.

Unless we go back to my original theory that, once they left the island, which they weren't meant to do, or supposed to do, everything changed as we know it -- I have a 'parallel universe theory' about Lost and always have!

It's like Star Trek...if there are any Trekkies here ... Next Gen's "Yesterday's Enterprise" episode ... when the timeline became messed up, by the Enterprise C coming through that wormhole / anomaly, then life on the Enterprise instantly changed ... there never was a peace treaty with the Klingons...the Enterprise was a ship of war because the Federation had been at war for 80 years ... Tasha Yar was alive when she should've been dead, etc. ... once they 'fixed it', then the timeline that we knew (i.e., the viewers knew) returned (Worf and Troi were there and Tasha had been dead for years, etc.)

The same thing could be occuring on Lost .... that's why in the current, messed up timeline, fewer people survived the crash. Jack and Kate really DO think that only 8 survived the crash because in *their timeline*, that's their truth -- their reality...if that makes sense.... If Jack can find a way to go back to the island (as he referred to at the end of season 3), he can undo everything that's happened -- everything that's wrong -- and the timeline will revert to the one we (the viewers) know and understand.....

And .. remember .. JJ Abrams is a huge Star Trek fan! This sort of thing would be right up his alley....

So those are my early morning ramblings! :)

Elisabeth, I thought Aaron looked strange too. I thought something was definitely wrong with him, but yet he talked normal.

I am wondering if Kate kidnapped Aaron at the last moment thinking he would have a better life off the island. She almost had a guilty look when he called her mommy. That might be why Jack doesn't want to see him. Just a thought.

Isn't that Miles a piece of work? Sheesh! All he cares about is money!

Yes, He seemed so intense and intent on finding Ben for it to all be about money and yet we already saw him stealing money from the deceased grandson of that one woman the other week. It looked like drug money to me, yet he stole it and took money from her to exercise the ghost. He is just weird at this point. I'm sure we will learn more about his story in the coming weeks.

I thought Kate's baby was going to be Sawyer's, too, but dh kept saying it would be Aaron.

I think he looked like he was 18mos-2yrs. We don't actually know yet WHEN they get off the island. Maybe it's now, w/ these weird new people--Miles & his gang. Maybe not.

If they got off the island when Aaron was 6-12 mos old, then I'd figure it would take a while for Kate's trial to get this far along, right? Another 6-12 mos?

I prefer nice, scientific explanations. I'm voting no time-warp-thingy.

As far as Kate having Arron:

Remember that a guy (can't remember the name) and Julliette covertly gave Claire shots through her pgy to keep her healthy. Then Julliette gave Claire a shot after she switched sides because Claire was very sick and she said that the illness was because Claire had to stay on the shots. In another part of that episode Ben and Julliette were discussing how they basically poisoned Claire to trick the losties into believing that Juliette was really on the losties side now and not the others. The shot was supposedly a hoax.

Have I lost you yet?

The reason I am typing all this is to question whether the medication is actually vital to Claire's health. Maybe she can't leave the island and she wants Aaron to not not grow up on the island. She was planning on giving him up for adoption in the beginning so even though she is a good mom now, maybe she is still open to the idea.